Chapala.com Webboard

Dr. Valenzuela - Quality Care

Zeb

Here is my experience with the Gastroenterologist, Valenzuela at Quality Care.  It was my first visit and I was in some pain.

When I got into his office, I realized I had forgotten my water in the car, so I asked him if had some water.  Here is the conversation below:

1. Do you have water?

Him:  no

Me:  No water in the entire office?

Him: No.

What about in the lobby?

Him: Yes

Me: Could you please mind get me some?

Him: No

Me:  Why?

Him: Because I am in here with you in a consultation.

So, instead him simply asking his staff to bring me some water, I got up and asked the staff myself and they did bring it into his office for me.  If I had not been in pain and in need of some quick help, I would have walked out.

For this type of treatment, I paid a ridiculous 1,000 pesos, which way more money than is reasonable for being in Mexico.

• Sad 7

Just now, Zeb said:

Here is my experience with , Valenzuela at Quality Care.  It was my first visit and I was in some pain.

When I got into his office, I realized I had forgotten my water in the car, so I asked him if had some water.  Here is the conversation below:

1. Do you have water?

What about in the lobby?

So, instead him simply asking his staff to bring me some water, I got up and asked the staff myself and they did bring it into his office for me.  If I had not been in pain and in need of some quick help, I would have walked out.

For this type of treatment, I paid a ridiculous 1,000 pesos, which way more money than is reasonable for being in Mexico.

I rgot medication etc. he recommended and followed instructions and none was helping.

I decided to get another opinion and saw someone in Guadalajara.  He gave me a completed different diagnosis and treatment and the problem was solved in a short time.

So...Dr. V made be good at surgery, but not much else.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Zeb said:

Here is my experience with the Gastroenterologist, Valenzuela at Quality Care.  It was my first visit and I was in some pain.

1. Do you have water?

What about in the lobby?

Hector V is a surgeon not a gastro..That would be Daniel Briseno at QC.  Hector V successfully did my 2 sports hernias and removed my gall bladder. He AND Daniel B  are polite and caring with their patients  I highly question your veracity.

pedro gall bladder.jpg

• Like 5

I agree with Happyjillin.   I have had surgery with Dr. Valenzuela and multiple endoscopies with Dr. Daniel Briseno !!  The two are top notch, one as a  surgeon and the other as a Gastroenterologist and later is a good diagnostician. 

Zeb, you might not want to make such a petty comment on the webboard.  Does not make you look too bright!!  

• Like 4

Both my spouse and I have  been operated on by Hector Valenzuela and I cannot speak to highly of his care or his attitude.  Sorry you had a difference experience Zeb, but I have never had anything but great attention from Hector.

We also used the services of Daniel Briseno, Hector Briseno's brother, and found him equally caring and attentive.

• Like 2

Dr. Hector Valenzuela was most attentive and caring with my husband when he was in the end stages of his colon cancer. I have often wondered if he had been my hubby's surgeon from the beginning whether things may have turned out differently. By the time we found him, there was not a whole lot that he could do. He did organize an excellent pain Doctor in Guadalajara and we used her right 'til the end. I always found Dr. Valenzuela to be forthright and down to earth as well. His ability to combine all these qualities plus his ability as a surgeon make him an outstanding Doctor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

My wife and a good friend both had emergency surgery by Dr. Valenzuela. The outcome was a total success on both surgeries. Our U.S. doctors were impressed by the skill of Dr. Valenzuela and the aftercare my wife received from him.  Not sorry you were thirsty and couldn’t wait 15 for a cup of free water and expected waiter service from a talented surgeon. No one is surprised you complained about the cost of a consultation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, sm1mex said:

I agree. Sorry he didn’t provide water to the poster but I agree he was not there to go out into the lobby to serve water. I understand the situation of the poster but please remember to bring your water or ask staff before seeing the Dr. 

He has staff.  When a patient is not well and requests water, doctor should help by either getting staff to bring it or get it.  This is human kindness!  I am not surprised I am being made the one at fault on this forum.  It is pretty well what I expected from some of the people here.    No one is no high and mighty in their credentials that they should refuse to get water for a patient. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, sm1mex said:

I guess if a person is in the Walmart check out line and asked for water they too would respond the same and not get water. 

Ah here we go, I am somehow to blame even though I was sick........and needed help.  If someone asks me for help or water, I stop and help.  It's the right thing to do.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mexijims1 said:

I agree with Happyjillin.   I have had surgery with Dr. Valenzuela and multiple endoscopies with Dr. Daniel Briseno !!  The two are top notch, one as a  surgeon and the other as a Gastroenterologist and later is a good diagnostician. 

Zeb, you might not want to make such a petty comment on the webboard.  Does not make you look too bright!!  

Judgmental remark.

19 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Hector V is a surgeon not a gastro..That would be Daniel Briseno at QC.  Hector V successfully did my 2 sports hernias and removed my gall bladder. He AND Daniel B  are polite and caring with their patients  I highly question your veracity.

pedro gall bladder.jpg

Yes. I made a mistake on his specialty when I posted.

• Sad 1

You ALSO made a mistake attacking him.....and as to a 1000 peso fee....that is posted in several places and you knew it before you agreed to the visit with him.

There is a shaman in San Juan that offers water bottles and shakes some bones in a bag and only charges 200 pesos. Give that a shot next time.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Fred Habacht said:

You ALSO made a mistake attacking him.....and as to a 1000 peso fee....that is posted in several places and you knew it before you agreed to the visit with him.

There is a shaman in San Juan that offers water bottles and shakes some bones in a bag and only charges 200 pesos. Give that a shot next time.

Wow!  Are you critical and judgmental! Just plain mean....

I attacked no one. I described my personal experience as it happened.  You are the one attacking me at this time and being insulting.

Yes.  I knew the cost. That does not mean I don't get to have an opinion about it.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Fred Habacht said:

I didn't say you couldn't have an opinion....I just added my opinion.......that you were wrong, are wrong and will probably remain wrong. 

There, I added my opinion ton your opinion.

Wrong??? I described my experience.  There is no wrong or right. It was what it was.

Once again, this has turned int a personal attack from me just describing what happened.  There is no agreeing or disagreeing of what someone's experience was.

• Like 1

Zeb described a miserable visit with Dr. V.  Why jump on him for reporting the facts of it?

My now deceased husband and I were patients of Dr. Valenzuela on different occasions. My treatment by him included surgery. I found him insufferably arrogant. And that's exactly the word I've heard used by others to describe him. He may be a skillful surgeon. My experience was acceptable.  But I wish there were other choices at Lakeside for gastro surgeons. Locally he's what we have.

Lexy

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Lexy said:

Zeb described a miserable visit with Dr. V.  Why jump on him for reporting the facts of it?

My now deceased husband and I were patients of Dr. Valenzuela on different occasions. My treatment by him included surgery. I found him insufferably arrogant. And that's exactly the word I've heard used by others to describe him. He may be a skillful surgeon. My experience was acceptable.  But I wish there were other choices at Lakeside for gastro surgeons. Locally he's what we have.

Lexy

Because you and zeb wrote it so doesn't make it so. I question your veracity as I did zeb's.

A foto of the "insufferably arrogant" Hector V and I after he ripped out my gall bladder

hector v.jpg

7 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Because you and zeb wrote it so doesn't make it so. I question your veracity as I did zeb's.

A foto of the "insufferably arrogant" Hector V and I after he ripped out my gall bladder

hector v.jpg

Why is it "every" medical experience has to end up in a xissing match, point/ counterpoint .Please respect everyone's experience, we all have different minds, bodies, and expectations. Also HJ some of us are tired of your photograph postings as if to add more veracity to your experiences

• Like 1