Chapala.com Webboard

Street cleaners

The garbage truck was out of commission for a few days, they're probably just catching up. The situation deteriorates in direct relation to missed pickup days, and they missed three or four by my count.

LQ

11 hours ago, Lou Quillio said:

The garbage truck was out of commission for a few days, they're probably just catching up. The situation deteriorates in direct relation to missed pickup days, and they missed three or four by my count.

LQ

They were not collecting garbage, they were on foot cleaning up the streets and Malecon. Picking up pieces of trash as they walked along, not collecting bags of garbage. I saw about 15 people doing this, on the beach as well. I think Ajijicbound is correct, they don't want the Virgin to see dirty streets, malecon or beach.

1 hour ago, luvsdawgs said:

Picking up pieces of trash as they walked along, not collecting bags of garbage.

Sorry, I thought it was obvious, so didn't elaborate. Trash not collected from the curb gets scattered by dogs and haphazardly supplemented by passersby. This creates more of a mess than resumed garbage truck collection can thoroughly remove, including along the malecon. In such case, workers round up the scattered debris. The more days trash sits on the curb, the more debris.

LQ

2 hours ago, Lou Quillio said:

Sorry, I thought it was obvious, so didn't elaborate. Trash not collected from the curb gets scattered by dogs and haphazardly supplemented by passersby. This creates more of a mess than resumed garbage truck collection can thoroughly remove, including along the malecon. In such case, workers round up the scattered debris. The more days trash sits on the curb, the more debris.

Wrong.  When you've been here longer you'll know about IMPORTANT things like Virgin visits and the frenzy that surrounds.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Lou Quillio said:

This was not trash from garbage trucks or dogs, this is the stuff people throw on the ground.  I can go out just about every day and pick up trash which humans tossed on the ground the previous evening. Beer cans, Styrofoam dishes and the like. Also, the truck cannot go along the malecon, you are thinking Ajijic. There is not much in SAT, at least where I was walking, that gets scattered by dogs. The people normally do not put garbage out until 7:30 in the AM or thereabouts. Yes pick-up hasn't been that good as of late, usually every other day. The crew were not from the garbage company, I think they were hired by the town. The garbage at the malecon and on the beach is from humans not using the trash cans.