Chapala.com Webboard

Vehicle inspection in Ocotlan

We covered this before Cedros if you will search this site.  We used S&S auto (Allen) as we did not want to drive to Ocotlan for various reasons.  They did everything for us from making the appointment, paying and, of course, taking the car/s for us.  It was very simple.  If you want more specific information please send me a pm.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ibarra said:

We covered this before Cedros if you will search this site.  We used S&S auto (Allen) as we did not want to drive to Ocotlan for various reasons.  They did everything for us from making the appointment, paying and, of course, taking the car/s for us.  It was very simple.  If you want more specific information please send me a pm.

Thanks but very difficult to get a date except in May

1 hour ago, ibarra said:

What did S&S charge you for this service?

Gracias.

10 hours ago, ibarra said:

I searched and it doesn't come up. I like to drive to Ocotlan. I prefer to do it myself. You can't seem to get out of May.

We decided to wait a few months and see what happens

And if you want to select any month AFTER what is shown, click the single arrow above the calendar to move it forward to the next month. Just know that the date that you select, MUST have payment made within X number of days after selection or the appointment will be cancelled.

4 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

What did S&S charge you for this service?

Gracias.

Do a search using "emission " and click on posts for 2022 for more information about S&S. You can also send me a pm as we took 2 cars to them, one as recent as 2 weeks ago.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ferret said:

And if you want to select any month AFTER what is shown, click the single arrow above the calendar to move it forward to the next month. Just know that the date that you select, MUST have payment made within X number of days after selection or the appointment will be cancelled.

Of course. S & S said it was stuck until I paid at a recauadoera

11 hours ago, daisy2013 said:

I paid first then made my appointment.   Easy

It sounds like the trick might be to pay first and then get an appointment

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 1:28 PM, ibarra said:

1700 which included 500 for the actual test.  

Expensive to do it that way. Better off to do it yourself if you  can. And you drive out to some interesting countryside

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cedros said:

Expensive to do it that way. Better off to do it yourself if you  can. And you drive out to some interesting countryside

You have no idea the reasons people may need someone to drive their cars for them for the test. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ibarra said:

You have no idea the reasons people may need someone to drive their cars for them for the test. 

Of course not but for most people it is easy enough to do but probably not necssary,

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Floradude said:

I went for my appointment to Ocotlan yesterday.  The scenery is beautiful, mostly pastoral.  I left at 8:30 for my 10 AM appointment.  Arrived at 9:30. Finished at 9:55, and back home at 11:20

How much did they charge?

20 minutes ago, Floradude said:

What charge?  The cost of the inspection is $500 for everyone.

The price has gone up a lot. It used to be 300 pesos. 500 is a lot more

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, cedros said:

The price has gone up a lot. It used to be 300 pesos. 500 is a lot more

It is a whole new process   And, we haven't had to pay anything for a couple of years as testing was suspended while they built and started using the new testing facilities.  Almost everything has increased in price.

53 minutes ago, ibarra said:

It is a whole new process   And, we haven't had to pay anything for a couple of years as testing was suspended while they built and started using the new testing facilities.  Almost everything has increased in price.

We'll see how it works out.

• Confused 1