Chapala.com Webboard

Chapala Haciendas update on issues

On 7/4/2022 at 11:02 AM, Guiness said:

You sir are a real problem around here. Maybe consider moving, we are all very very tired of your ignorant attitude and disrespectful posts.

The "upstart colonists in what is now the U.S., were a "problem" to the British crown. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a problem to segregationists.

I do not at all liken myself to Dr. King, I simply suggest that everyone should have freedom of expression and thoughts, and the right to publicly and peacefully express them.

Ignorance is lack of factual knowledge. I fact check as best possible before making a post.

I have found constructive criticism is usually helpful; the operative word though is "constructive."

IMO, one of a real problems on this and other boards, is that some posters don't respect the right of others to have opinions that are in opposition to what they believe. Freedom of thought and speech.

I shouldn't have to remind every, but I see some don't under semantics. When there is a post that says "We xxxxx" I would like to know the authority that makes the poster the representative of whoever "we" are.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and on a board, there is no requirement that anyone read anything.

If someone wants/needs to make a personal judgment/"attack,"  it should be in PM. I have sent some very critical notes to some members, but always in PM.

I also feel that when someone says a post is "disrespectful," they should specify what they mean. Respect is a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

I think it's OK to say I don't admire someone and/or their beliefs/attitudes. I have never intentionally made a personal "attack" on anyone here.

Thanks.

• Sad 3