Chapala.com Webboard

Chapala Haciendas update on issues

EDITED BY MOD TO REMOVE REPEAT OF VICIOUS PERSONAL ATTACK.  THANK YOU FOR A VERY MODERATE AND INFORMATIVE RESPONSE TO A SERIOUS PROVOCATION

Your opinions are appreciated, however, it's easy to fault, but then one should at least offer a solution. I don't see you offering one.

My dues are paid current, in fact in advance.

Clearly, you were not at the AGM when I addressed the few people there.

I say now as I said then: I respect any BOD that works a thankless job for no pay and rarely any recognition.

You also don't know that for over a year I tried to help the fracc. I said 20+ times it wasn't being run as it should have been. My "suggestions" were ignored.

All of the problems of the fracc should be laid not just on the BOD, but those people who never took the time to try to help the BOD; who had/have business sense, and a BOD that didn't oversee what was happening.

The president was "asked" to resign, and he did, rather than be voted out.They left him a dignified exit. Look at the website.

When I gave good business advice to the BOD (the president), it was ignored.

If you want to learn more, I would be happy to sit with you at the "patio" at the office and let you know how I tried to help. And you can fact check me if you want.

And BTW, I'm still trying to help save ChapHac.

See my PM.

That was a very good and calm response, however maybe the "circling the drain" bit was overdone.

Having lived here now for going on 15 years, my overall impression is Chapala Haciendas is and has gotten better.  There seems to be a general problem with fracc management here probably somewhat related to the weak laws covering same.  A lot of fraccs do have problems collecting maintenance fees for example.

It will be interesting to see if other CH folks chime in and how they view things there these days.

• Like 1

I have nothing pleasant or measured to say in response to a clearly inflammatory post.

That someone would put my property value at risk along with hundreds of other property owners angers me. It should also concern Coldwell Banker who does business here that depends on the maintenance of our reputation as a great place to buy property. 

The new president, treasurer, secretary,  and other board members are taking care of business and that's the only news that needs to be shared. 

If these statements violate community standards, feel free to boot me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I edited the title.  The rest is informational. (Mod 2)

The president of the BOD was told to resign or be voted out Saturday, 6/25/2022

look at chapalahaciendas-mx which is a dot com.

Updates coming as released

I went to the site and I see two messages, one from the President and BOD focusing on water and money issues.

https://www.chapalahaciendas.com/

The second reports the results of the meeting of June 22, written by a Pete Edwards.

After reading both I conclude that if there is a risk to property values there it has nothing to do with the OP.  Anger sure isn't going to fix what is written there.

Morosos have been a major problem there, and in many other local fraccs, for the entire time I've lived here.  I believe Mirasol disbanded its fracc organization at least partly because of this problem as well.  It was a major reason Riberas disbanded a long time ago.  We own a condo apartment for our students in GDL.  A few years back there were some changes in the law that strengthened management's hand to the point they have virtually eliminated it.  Before that, they certainly were a problem.

I understand, however, a big part of the moroso problem in CH are undeveloped lot owners who won't pay up.  Turning their water off does no good.  Is this correct?

Good luck to you all in getting this straightened out.  

• moderator-2 changed the title to Chapala Haciendas update on issues
7 hours ago, Nikalos Telsa said:

EDITED BY MOD TO REMOVE REPEAT OF VICIOUS PERSONAL ATTACK.  THANK YOU FOR A VERY MODERATE AND INFORMATIVE RESPONSE TO A SERIOUS PROVOCATION

Your opinions are appreciated, however, it's easy to fault, but then one should at least offer a solution. I don't see you offering one.

My dues are paid current, in fact in advance.

Clearly, you were not at the AGM when I addressed the few people there.

I say now as I said then: I respect any BOD that works a thankless job for no pay and rarely any recognition.

You also don't know that for over a year I tried to help the fracc. I said 20+ times it wasn't being run as it should have been. My "suggestions" were ignored.

All of the problems of the fracc should be laid not just on the BOD, but those people who never took the time to try to help the BOD; who had/have business sense, and a BOD that didn't oversee what was happening.

The president was "asked" to resign, and he did, rather than be voted out.They left him a dignified exit. Look at the website.

When I gave good business advice to the BOD (the president), it was ignored.

If you want to learn more, I would be happy to sit with you at the "patio" at the office and let you know how I tried to help. And you can fact check me if you want.

And BTW, I'm still trying to help save ChapHac.

See my PM.

I don't feel I made any personal attacks on anyone. I stated facts. I stated that I respect members who serve on BODs, but they can make major mistakes.

I believe what I said and what I will say when I meet with the remnants  of the BOD will benefit not just  ChapHacbut all fraccs.

I would like anyone who is interested to come and listen when I talk to the BOD Wednesday at the office.

I don't think I'm always right or know it all, I do however know what I do know and what I don't.

I have always welcomed constructive criticism, IMO, it makes people better.

I really believe in what Robert Burns said:

“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!"

Stay tuned.

8 hours ago, Nikalos Telsa said:

I believe what I said and what I will say when I meet with the remnants  of the BOD will benefit not just  ChapHacbut all fraccs.

I would like anyone who is interested to come and listen when I talk to the BOD Wednesday at the office.

I don't think I'm always right or know it all, I do however know what I do know and what I don't.

I have always welcomed constructive criticism, IMO, it makes people better.

I really believe in what Robert Burns said:

“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!"

Stay tuned.

It may not be what you have to say, but rather, how you say it.  Think about it.

• Like 4

Yes Yo1, I try always to be diplomatic, but being human, I sometimes fail.

There is something that may be very interesting to not just the ChapHac owners, but any fracc BODs and people living there.This is why I invite people to attend. That is of course, if the BOD will show up. I want to talk with the BOD, not an individual who may incorrectly interpret what I say and/or mean.

FWIW.

• Like 1

I have lived in Chapala Haciendas for 17 years, been on the board in the earlier years, and feel pretty comfortable adding my 2 pesos to this topic.

There have been tremendous improvements to our fracc in that time. While things aren't perfect, I know that the folks who serve on the board are doing their best to get things straightened out. It takes time. It takes patience. More importantly, it takes residents who actually want to HELP the board rather than be an armchair critic. Is this the case with you, Nikolas? I don't know and I'm not judging, but if you feel so strongly about things, then run for the board. Who knows? You may even be elected and then you can dodge all of the shit that is thrown at them. 

I've seen many, many questionable moves by past boards and yet we're still standing. We have lots of remodeling and new construction going on and the place is looking better than I've ever seen it. Our property values are really rising. Our location is great...far enough from the noise and close enough for all of the conveniences. Yes, we have a well problem and yes, it's going to cost us, but the value of our own well (without government interference) is one worth fighting for.

This is the first board and President (I hope Mr. Edwards is still the President) who are actually putting teeth in the efforts to go after the morosos. Most of us know that the law is tricky and it's not just a case of pointing a finger, plonking down some money at the municipality for a form,and then being able to get the leeches. Every "t" has to be crossed and every "i" dotted or the paperwork will hang in limbo forever. For the last few years, I've actually seen a difference in our workers and the office.  We've had some relatively small issues (ie, water line clogged as we're at the end of the street) that were addressed immediately after I reported them. The workers actually work now and you don't have to hunt them down. Truthfully, they bust their asses for us, only to be constantly criticized by those who think they can do better. I won't go into detail because that's not really the issue here, but a few years ago I reported a recurring problem following bad rainstorms. I was blown off each time. A couple of weeks ago, I reported it to David (office) who relayed it to Mr. Edwards who PERSONALLY came to our house to see the issue for himself. 

Being on the board is a thankless, no-win, and UNPAID position. Folks do it because they care. It takes a special person to volunteer for the task, take the abuse that residents heap on them, and continue to do their best for very, very little in return. 

FWIW, this is just my personal opinion. No one asked me to write this, nor do I expect special treatment for writing it. I'm just one of many residents who actually appreciates the challenges that a board faces. Sorry so long...guess it was more than my 2 pesos.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

On 6/27/2022 at 4:43 PM, Mainecoons said:

That was a very good and calm response, however maybe the "circling the drain" bit was overdone.

Having lived here now for going on 15 years, my overall impression is Chapala Haciendas is and has gotten better.  There seems to be a general problem with fracc management here probably somewhat related to the weak laws covering same.  A lot of fraccs do have problems collecting maintenance fees for example.

It will be interesting to see if other CH folks chime in and how they view things there these days.

We have lived in CH for 13 years. Our Fracc has undergone many upgrades in services over this time. We now have LED street lights and that was thanks to the current BOD! CH has one of the lowest Fracc fees Lakeside, we have a Security Guard who travels around the entire Fracc all day, everyday, not like some Fraccs that have a Gate Guard.   Haciendas is a fast growing community where we enjoy peaceful quiet nights. And the beauty of flora and fauna surrounding us! We are greatful and thankful to have purchased our home Lakeside in Chapala Haciendas.

Regarding the Well issue....we need more water due to the number of new homes being built here. The current BOD did the right thing in drilling us a second well. It is unfortunate that the contractor was a crook! Certainly not the first Mexican War Story to happen at Lakeside!

Every person who owns property in a Fracc needs to step up and assist their Boards, form helpful committees , etc. 5 or 6 people cannot be expected to do it all.  Thanks for reading my rant. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

And one more comment. Pete Edwards stepped up as President when the last resident up and quit. Pete is a good man who did his very best. Nobody is perfect and running a Fracc is a HUGE THANKLESS JOB. Thank you Pete and Doug for all you have done and the countless hours of work and worry!

Chapala Haciendas has been here since the late 60s and we will again overcome this small setback (the crook well digger) and bloom as more and more newcomers are choosing to be out of Ajijic and enjoy quiet, country living.

♥️😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, Guiness said:

And one more comment. Pete Edwards stepped up as President when the last resident up and quit. Pete is a good man who did his very best. Nobody is perfect and running a Fracc is a HUGE THANKLESS JOB. Thank you Pete and Doug for all you have done and the countless hours of work and worry!

Chapala Haciendas has been here since the late 60s and we will again overcome this small setback (the crook well digger) and bloom as more and more newcomers are choosing to be out of Ajijic and enjoy quiet, country living.

♥️😊

Agree 100%.

• Like 3

What bothers me now is that the new president isn't willing to listen or talk with me.

I had something in the works that could have bailed C.H. out of their financial trouble, but since I'm not Mr. popularity in the Fracc, my offer of help was not even worth listening to.

Too many people don't know it's what you learn after you think you know it all that really counts.

I wish the Fracc and BOD the best. I'm on a privada, so I get very little benefit from the association.

I see some members that owe past dues are having their water totally turned off.  This is, IMO, a legally dangerous action. Someone, not me, may get ticked off and start making some complaints.

The Association says it sought and received legal advice before doing this. I certainly hope it was from an attorney different from the one who "approved" the first well contract that included no protection for the Fracc.

I also think the BOD should consider some physical form of oversight on the current well project.  I have seen instances where X number of bags of cement were ordered, and many went-missing as the job progressed.

• Sad 2

And that added what, happy? We have one resident who likes to air all of his grievances on this site, and then wonders why he's not a highly respected member of the local community, and we have you adding your opinion when you have nothing of value to offer. As for me, I'm happy here and hope others are just as happy where they're at. As a TV judge often says, "Stick a fork in me, I'm done."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Nikalos Telsa said:

I had in place a way for  ChapHac to get the money it needs, but the new president of the BOD refused to reply to my email and cancelled a meeting she agreed to.

I am not going to beg people to let me help them.

You sir are a real problem around here. Maybe consider moving, we are all very very tired of your ignorant attitude and disrespectful posts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nikalos Telsa said:

I had in place a way for  ChapHac to get the money it needs, but the new president of the BOD refused to reply to my email and cancelled a meeting she agreed to.

I am not going to beg people to let me help them.

I suggest you publish it here and let your neighbors decide if it is a good idea.

• Thanks 3

On 7/2/2022 at 2:05 PM, Nikalos Telsa said:

"I'm on a privada, so I get very little benefit from the association."

While I  have thoughts on everything you have said, I shall confine my comments  to this statement you made.

You receive exactly the same benefits from the association that the rest of us do.

Your trash is picked up 3x week. You receive the same water delivery from the fracc's well every day that the rest of us do. If there is a break in the water line to your house it will be repaired by the fracc. You drive on the same roads we all do that are maintained with our dues, and in some cases, with gravel purchased by individual owners. The roads we all share are lit with newly installed led lamps. You benefit from an office manager that is bilingual who answers your questions, records your payments, and in some cases is asked to perform duties outside of the office. The security guard patrolling the fracc is potentially protecting you as well as the rest of us. The list of benefits we all receive equally goes on,  regardless of whether we reside on a calle or a privada.

I cannot say more without making it personal, but I will repeat something you recently said to me: " There are none so blind as those who will not see." 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Some 10 or 12 years ago the presidents of several local fraccs would have a business lunch to discuss their problems and issues.   Seemed like a good idea at the time, maybe now it is a good time to jump start that idea.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2022 at 3:58 PM, Nikalos Telsa said:

The president of the BOD was told to resign or be voted out Saturday, 6/25/2022

look at chapalahaciendas-mx which is a dot com.

Updates coming as released

I found no information on there with respect to the well or anything of substance.  David directed to me to another web page  I suggest those of us who live in CH start using and supporting.  ChapalaHaciendas.org.  It has the information on the meetings and update on the well.  It is fairly new so the creator would like some content added.  I think we can help it along by posting resources and whatever information is relevant for us.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 3:26 PM, Kiko said:

Some 10 or 12 years ago the presidents of several local fraccs would have a business lunch to discuss their problems and issues.   Seemed like a good idea at the time, maybe now it is a good time to jump start that idea.

I think that should  be done  and there is power in numbers,  the fraccs get very little  help from Chapala, I think  chapala  needs to step up and start giving  to the fraccs  just my 2 cents