Chapala.com Webboard

Telcel question

I searched using google but only found info from 2018. I have a plan with Telcel that costs 299 pesos per month. For that price, I get unlimited everything to everywhere in North America and 2.5 GB of data. When reading the Amigo plans, I see that, for 300 pesos for 30 days, I get the same calling privileges BUT 4 GB of data. Whuh???? Something wrong with this picture. With MY plan with Telcel, nothing rolls over. Does ANY data unused roll over with the Amigo Plan? 

9 hours ago, Ferret said:

I searched using google but only found info from 2018. I have a plan with Telcel that costs 299 pesos per month. For that price, I get unlimited everything to everywhere in North America and 2.5 GB of data. When reading the Amigo plans, I see that, for 300 pesos for 30 days, I get the same calling privileges BUT 4 GB of data. Whuh???? Something wrong with this picture. With MY plan with Telcel, nothing rolls over. Does ANY data unused roll over with the Amigo Plan? 

Yes.  It rolls over if extended on or before the last day.

At one time, I had collected 20 GB in total ( added up... ) 

Rony

• Like 1

Thank you ALL!  I had read all of the paquetes on the Telcel website but could find nothing about "rollover". Thank you for the confirmation that adding to the account ONE day earlier every month will allow me to do that. I think this is a far better idea to stash GB's as a back up to using during electric outages when the hotspot is being used.

Now, I need to find out if I can get out of the "plan" that I'm on and go back to Amigo while keeping the same cell number. I've had the "plan" for four years if anyone knows the answer to that question.

Thanks to GoSolar and Rony for correcting my assumption!

Of course it has never rolled over for me, as I often go days with no service (expired) other than wi-fi since I seldom use my phone. However, when the power is out and there's no wi-fi I often use up all my data. This knowledge really helps.

8 hours ago, chapalence said:

Thanks to GoSolar and Rony for correcting my assumption!

Of course it has never rolled over for me, as I often go days with no service (expired) other than wi-fi since I seldom use my phone. However, when the power is out and there's no wi-fi I often use up all my data. This knowledge really helps.

I also collected the GB  for when Telmex went out.  I then used that cell phone ( with plan amigo ) as a hotspot and could continue teaching online classes with those GB s on my laptop.

I have had plan amigo for many years and have been very happy with it.

• Like 1

Remebering when you have to pay Tecell is a Pita so I have a plan that I pay only twice a year- no roll over of course.

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, ACD said:

Much better deals are available at the TelCel office at Centro Laguna. Must apply for them in person.

ACD. Thanks for the heads up. Do you have the name of a recommended plan you could share?

SunFan