Chapala.com Webboard

Time for US Passport Renewal to be Returned

1 hour ago, sm1mex said:

Mine took 3-4 weeks via Ishop fed ex. 

Please explain.... you filled out your own paperwork, took it with a check to Ishop who FedEx'd it to the US and you still got it back within 3-4 weeks?   

3 hours ago, RickS said:

Please explain.... you filled out your own paperwork, took it with a check to Ishop who FedEx'd it to the US and you still got it back within 3-4 weeks?   

You do not send it to the USA. You send it to the GDL consulate if you live in this area.

https://mx.usembassy.gov/passports/u-s-passport-renewal-by-mail/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sm1mex said:

Mine took 3-4 weeks via Ishop fed ex. 

I had Denise at Spencer’s complete the passport renewal paperwork and paid on line with our credit card. 110 US. Charge for the service 500 pesos well worth it as it was totally correct and she had us double check the application. I looked at the application on line but could not find a place to pay online with a credit card. I took the application and payment receipt to Ishop. They addressed the fed ex envelope on the pc and also a return addressed fed ex envelope. They put the application paperwork including the return paid fed ex envelope in the outgoing envelope to consulate in Guadalajara. 3-4 weeks Ishop called me i had a fed ex envelope. It was my new passport. Charge for fed ex to and from Guadalajara about 630 pesos.