Chapala.com Webboard

GDL airport area hotels?

i have an early domestic departure from GDL and am considering getting a hotel room near the airport the night before. I see the Hangar Inn every time we drive by (the one just south of the airport exit, although there is another one coming south from el centro, too). What about some of the new hotels just north of the airport on the southbound lanes (Bugari, ANB, or City Express)?

Anybody stay at any of these places?

I'm just looking for something clean and cheap for a single night.

I researched the Hangar Inn on the same side of the highway as the airport. It really looked nice. Going towards Guadalajara there is a return ramp to bring you back to the airport side. It is just after the Hangar Inn going in so you can use the return to get back to the hotel. Our family visiting didn’t stay there as they changed their flight to an incoming day flight so we picked them up. I’m not sure if they have a shuttle but imagine they do. Perhaps someone can comment on this hotel more. 

I stayed at The Hangar Inn a month ago. Fine, basic, clean rooms. Shuttle service. We had to get a Covid test and instead of taking us to the airport, they took us to a testing place down the road and we were in/out in 20 minutes. I would stay there again.

22 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Thousands of people. Also many Mexicans. In GDL there is a Cheesecake factory, A red Lobster, Olive Garden, and Applebees. All very busy all the time.

An Olive garden??! Wow, I've only been going to them when I'm in Italy. Silly me. 😜

The Olive Garden Restaurants were in Canada for over 30 years (all gone now). They are also in the U.S. because they serve damn good food. Why so sarcastic Whipstock? He didn't put "Restaurant" after any of the names but I guess you knew that all the others were restaurants.

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

The Olive Garden Restaurants were in Canada for over 30 years (all gone now). They are also in the U.S. because they serve damn good food. Why so sarcastic Whipstock? He didn't put "Restaurant" after any of the names but I guess you knew that all the others were restaurants.

They were never a Canadian owned company and are STILL in some Canadian cities. 

I just find it kind of funny that anyone would go to a Chili's while in Mexico; they are as authentic as the  Olive garden is to real Italian food while in Italy, was my point. 

I've gotten a laugh everytime I pass by it south of the airport.

No offense meant, we all have different tastes.

I even know people who think Arby's is "Good" food (but, It's never going to pass for real Texas BBQ either).