Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for Bathroom Accessories/ Amazon Question

Hello from two newbies:

We are looking for things such as towel racks that go beyond the Rubbermaid offerings (e.g. white coated wire creations). Is there a good shop lakeside or do we need to go to Guadalajara?

Also is there a safe place in Ajijic to ship Amazon purchases? We are in a small gated community and can envision stuff that cannot be delivered on the first attempt going missing.

19 minutes ago, Deanya said:

Hello from two newbies:

Also is there a safe place in Ajijic to ship Amazon purchases? We are in a small gated community and can envision stuff that cannot be delivered on the first attempt going missing.

I've been using iShop. Don't have to be worried that packages will vanish. Small fee for their handling, 30p for small package and 80p for large.

If you want choices of styles, sizes and finishes then shop Amazon or Amazon Mexico. I have purchases sent to iShop in San Antonio Tlayacapan but I do not have a mail box there. They charge between 30 to 50 pesos per box depending on the size and weight. You can track your purchases so you know when they arrived there and pick up at your convenience. If you put in the address below and choose it as your default address then whatever you are looking for on Amazon.com will state, below the item description, whether or not it ships to Mexico. When you check out, you will see the shipping costs and import duties if either is applicable to your purchase. 

Your Name c/o iShop

Carr. Chapala-Jocotepec #144

San Antonio Tlayacapan, Jalisco 45900

Mexico

Número de teléfono: Your Phone number (land or cell)

• Like 1

I use both Amazon US and Amazon MX and get delivery right to my house by whoever they use. Ama MX is mostly Prime shipping and usually gets here 2-3 days early. Just got my Mezcal as we speak 2 days early. Why make things more complex and more expensive with third parties?

• Thanks 1

Because delivery to the home is usually in the afternoon and I'm napping. Been there, done that. Someone knocked, the dogs barked and I just about levitated off the bed. Also, when there is only one person in the household, you are stuck in the house waiting. Absolutely worth it to me to have things delivered to a third party that is always there except Sunday.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Because delivery to the home is usually in the afternoon and I'm napping. Been there, done that. Someone knocked, the dogs barked and I just about levitated off the bed. Also, when there is only one person in the household, you are stuck in the house waiting. Absolutely worth it to me to have things delivered to a third party that is always there except Sunday.

you can track your delivery-

6 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

you can track your delivery-

I find tracking a problem

Their website doesn't update info that well and email seems more current.  I am non prime and delivery info never includes tod. Using yahoo email gives me current delivery date except sometimes shows new info for past deliveries

Not at all on par with us amazon 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Deanya said:

We are looking for things such as towel racks that go beyond the Rubbermaid offerings.....  is there a good shop lakeside

(1) Casa del Plomero ---- towards west AJijic but before you go down the hill towards Waffle Shop on mountain side  large selection of plumbing accessories including bathroom stuff

(2) Ferreteria   across corner from iShop in San Antonio      not as good as Casa del Plomero but if you don't see want you want they will order in

(3) Mercado Libre    

• Like 1

Like Natasha mentioned, Casa de Plomero has some good selection.  Also there’s a pretty decent hardware store with some unique hard to find things in Mirasol, on the lakeside just were the road dips by Mirasol entrance.  Indica tile store in Riberas on the mountain side also sells bathroom fixtures.  Good luck to you.  Happy shopping.  

forgot to mention - Amazon prices seem very very high - so recommend that you buy locally when you can........  here is one example - I love Larabars - $11 for 16 in US....  about 1000 pesos from Amazon mx............  i know this is food - but price increase seems to apply to lots of non food items with the same percentage