Chapala.com Webboard

Lake Taco...another SAT hidden gem!

gringohombre

One of my first favorites here all those years ago when it was run by Lorri and her husband (who then went on to create Charlottes around the corner). My go to favorite has always been the Mahi Mahi fish and chips. Hard to get a way from this but recently have been experimenting with other specials on thier large chalkboard menu. Now I cannot resist ordering the Sopa Azteca (also known as tortilla soup). A large bowl of thick tasty broth with strips of fried tortilla, small white cheese squares, some pieces of avocado and who knows what else!!! This starter is almost a full meal, however a few days ago I ordered this and another special, a shrimp burrito. This consists of the nicely cooked shrimp, lettuce, melted cheese and a few chunks of avocado. Nice!!! This large burrito comes cut in 2 and I took one half home. All this plus 2 Modelo Negras for $250 (before tip)!!! Lake Taco is located just off the Libreimento behind the gas station and next to the car wash. Extremely pleasant outdoor setting under a palapa roof and service is very good and efficient.  

• Like 3

Their shrimp burrito has been a favourite of mine for years. You can order the shrimp grilled (a la plancha) if you don't want them breaded. They also have a wonderful breakfast burrito with scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese and beans. Both awesome as is just about everything else on their menu. You can have your car washed etc. and pay for it with your lunch as well. Talk about a divine combo...

I to have been a Lake Taco fan. Going there every other week or so. Our go to meal is one fish taco Mahi Mahi deep fried and one shrimp taco. 

We noticed about two months ago a change in staff at the restaurant. Service was not the same and I thought there was a difference in the meals. 

Not sure about the turnover, but I will keep going back, maybe not as often. 

5 minutes ago, Halfglass said:

I to have been a Lake Taco fan. Going there every other week or so. Our go to meal is one fish taco Mahi Mahi deep fried and one shrimp taco. 

We noticed about two months ago a change in staff at the restaurant. Service was not the same and I thought there was a difference in the meals. 

Not sure about the turnover, but I will keep going back, maybe not as often. 

All of the old staff, including sisters Claudia the manager/server and Paty the cook, were hired by Lore at Membrillo. They had worked for her when she started Lake Taco.