Chapala.com Webboard

CFE/RFC

40 minutes ago, ibarra said:

CFE showed me in Chapala that my RFC number is on our account when I presented them my Constancia.  We haven't received a bill to see if it is on there yet, but, since I have personally seen the number recorded,  I'm not worried. 

There is nothing to worry about, one way or the other.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Floradude said:

I was told that now when we purchase a car we have to present a copy our CFE bill with the RFC.  I believe it will also be required for other transactions.  If this not true then I will not worry.  Jim Bowie please let me know it is on your bill when you receive it.

If anyone but the dealership who is selling you the car told you this at the time of purchase, I would consider it yet another rumor.

• Like 2

The RFC is shown on CFE bills just above the bar code.    As I said when I started this discussion.  I was in one month ago and gave them my RFC number.  It did not appear on my bill for this month.   I am still trying to learn if anyone else who had there RFC number reported to CFE and if it has appeared on this bill.

1 hour ago, Floradude said:

The RFC is shown on CFE bills just above the bar code.    As I said when I started this discussion.  I was in one month ago and gave them my RFC number.  It did not appear on my bill for this month.   I am still trying to learn if anyone else who had there RFC number reported to CFE and if it has appeared on this bill.

I went to CFE about 3 weeks ago with RFC#.  Received my bill a few days ago electronically and my RFC# was in place on the invoice.  Joco office.

Well well, a 31 numeric in 5 groups? Not a number to remember with out a large type Reference. There is another number above which matches my CFE account number.

So I guess the gods of Mexican Administrative Favours were with us. HOW is a good question that I will ignore for the foreseeable future. They did get me for a borrowed & returned meter many years ago, some $2,600 mxp. Now caged in 15mm solid steel rod. Very noisy to remove.

The 2nd group does total 13 the rest look like invoice dates etc? Go figure!

1 hour ago, InChapala1 said:

I have 2 barcodes on my CFE bill. On page 1, it has a partial RFC above the linear (old-fashioned) barcode. The full RFC is on page 2, next to the QR code/barcode (the newer square matrix type barcode).

That is what they told me today. Partial will be on front of page

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Floradude said:

Good for you Kiko.  So it does work.  Now, I just need to go back and ask why mine was not there. There are lots of strange numbers but nothing close to my RFC.  Was yours close to the bar code?

Like the two above posters have commented.  I just looked at my CFE invoice and my RFC is just above the QR Code on page 2.  Thanks for asking because when I looked at my invoice the second time just now I noticed that CFE made a mistake and entered one digit in error.   I need to go back to their office for a correction.  No big deal, no one died.

This interesting.  I do not have two pages with my CFE bill but if you are all calling the back of the bill of page 2 I do not find anything of what could be a QR code.  The back of mine is a history of my usage and a lot of advertising.    On the front is a barcode at the bottom with two rows of numbers, neither of which is my RFC code.  For those of you who do have your RFC number somewhere.  Is it listed as RFC, or you just recognize your number?

4 hours ago, Floradude said:

This interesting.  I do not have two pages with my CFE bill but if you are all calling the back of the bill of page 2 I do not find anything of what could be a QR code.

PM me your email address and I will send a foto.  Or I can stop by later today and show you.  I will be in Ajijic/Chapala 3 to 5.

Kiko, I believe you, but like I said there are no numbers on the back of my factura.  There is no QR code, whatever that is, there is no barcode. My RFC number starts with BOXH.. Give me your email address and I will scan the back, and front if you want that also to you.  In the long run this is all academic because I will be going to CFE Chapala to ask why my code was not added to my factura.  I just find it interesting there is such a difference.  Are you in Jocotepec?