Chapala.com Webboard

Car checked out

Everardo Garcia (Lalo)       San Antonio east end Ramon Corona   go down from Monday Market  corner To RC     turn right

less than  1 block uphill side       EXCELLENT and capable guy who will never lie to you    reasonable English  332 136 7295

• Thanks 1

Felipe Morales. Riberas. 376 106 2188. Honest. English speaking. He’ll tell you yes or no. I took a car to him and he said no way. Oil leak. Brake pads. Belts and hoses. He said no way. He was honest. Said if I bought the car I would have it in his shop often. Take the car to him for check out if seller allows. Would be a good thing if the seller came with you for check out. Then both know if anything needs to be done to the car for satisfactory performance. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, sm1mex said:

. Would be a good thing if the seller came with you for check out. Then both know if anything needs to be done...

Yes, regardless of which mechanic you use.  We learned that the very hard way when allowing a seller to take vehicle on our behalf to "xxxxx" trusted mechanic used for a few years  in Riberas (can't remember why didn't go with). BAD move.  Vehicle was certainly not as mechanic told us it was, and as issues started to crop up we thankfully found Lalo instead.

• Like 1

When I was in the market for a used car some years ago, I answered an ad for a used Nissan X-Trail. As far as I was concerned, she was asking way too much for it, and I didn't have that kind of money to spend anyway, so I just thanked her for her response and said it was beyond my budget. A couple weeks later I ended up sitting next to her on the bus and we struck up a conversation (I didn't know her at the time, but turned out we had mutual friends) and when she told me her name, I asked if she was the same person who had the X-Trail for sale. She said yes, she still had it, and tried to talk me into it, saying it was a great vehicle, totally worth the asking price.

A week later my mechanic came with me to find a car at the Sunday car auction some hours away, we found a Ford Escape he checked out as good, and I bought it. (half the price this woman wanted for her car) A couple months after that, when I was in his shop to get a small thing checked out, the mechanic had that X-Trail in his shop, which someone had bought. He said "Good thing you didn't buy this one, it has a ton of things wrong with it and needs a lot of expensive work".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1