Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex fiber optic

17 minutes ago, SunFan said:

Interesting. Telmex just knocked on my door to ask if I wanted to have fiber installed. I said yes because I was still paying for their service. They're working on it now.

I had switched to iLox 3 years ago because all Telmex offered in Upper Chula Vista was twisted pair and abismal download speed.

Lets see if their speed is comparable to iLox.

SunFan

The installers just finished. A professional job.

30 mbps down, 26 up on WiFi.

Now if its reliable I can dump my 900 peso a month iLox.

SunFan

Every time I go to Wally's World (and sometimes Soriana), TotalPlay wants to sign me up. I just respond with a smile, "Chapala Haciendas" and they immediately understand. I'm really grateful that we were able to get the Starlink satellite. While it's a bit of an energy eater, we have enough solar panels that we're still making more than we use and the speed, etc, make it all worth it. YMMV

2 minutes ago, Tingting said:

Every time I go to Wally's World (and sometimes Soriana), TotalPlay wants to sign me up. I just respond with a smile, "Chapala Haciendas" and they immediately understand. I'm really grateful that we were able to get the Starlink satellite. While it's a bit of an energy eater, we have enough solar panels that we're still making more than we use and the speed, etc, make it all worth it. YMMV

Shhh I have one now and I love it! Put it on a 900watt ups and power outages won't matter to you anymore. And yeah we only use 65% of our solar power.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 10:19 AM, Mainecoons said:

Finding Totalplay's web site impossible to navigate.

And can't find one of their flyers.

How to proceed?

Ditto on going to Walmart and initiating service there.  There are young people there who speak English and are very accommodating, making sure you get the service.  It`s how I got my TP.  

• Like 1

This will really show my ignorance, but will ask.

Is TotalPlay for internet only?

I have had Telmex forever. It's $599.00 a month with phone and internet. I'm sure no fiberoptic.

Even when the electric goes out, I start my generator and get my modem up and running fine.

The only advantage to TelmMex is it gives free calls to Panama and that's used maybe 1/2 to I hour a day.