Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex fiber optic


Recommended Posts

I can only speak to what I was told by Telmex regarding Chapala Haciendas. 

The current fiber lines are full and until more are run, no additional homes can be connected. They had no idea when additional lines will be run. I asked if there is a waiting list I could put my name on and I was told that the way it works is when the lines have been strung, an installer will come to every house to complete the installation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

If you have the possibility of getting Totalplay or even Wizz go with them.  As crappy as their regular services are I wouldn't even consider Telmex at all unless they are your only option.

My Telmex fiber optic works great. 50k down $389 per month. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess its all about location and in Chapala Telmex years ago was fairly decent but now it tends to be intermittent and down half the time.  Totalplay is the best and rarely ever goes down.  Wizz or Telecable for downtown Chapala used to be the pitts but now they are pretty good.  Much better than Telmex these days.  But perhaps Telmex's fiber optic will hopefully be better than their dsl but their customer service will still be the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, it depends on where you live. I have had Telmex since 1997 and when they started providing internet some maybe 5 years later. I get 45 down on a standard landline. They have offered me fiber, and I said fine, if I do not have to pay extra for it. The reason I get Telmex so well is that I live close to their office and the telephone lines between home and my office are in good shape

I understand the Telmex internet has been down quite a bit in the last month. I don't know. I came up to Seattle for my annual spring visit since May 10th and I missed it. I sure hope that everything will be working well again in 10 days when I come back home to Ajijic   :) 

.                                             :) :) :) 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am very pleased with my Telmex Fiberoptic.  I never lose WiFi except when the electricity is out.  Before Fiberoptic I was always losing WiFi.  I am in Upper Ajijiic.  I pay the same fee that I did before $389/month.  The only charge for the installation was for the cable itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2022 at 5:45 PM, chapalence said:

I can only speak to what I was told by Telmex regarding Chapala Haciendas. 

The current fiber lines are full and until more are run, no additional homes can be connected. They had no idea when additional lines will be run. I asked if there is a waiting list I could put my name on and I was told that the way it works is when the lines have been strung, an installer will come to every house to complete the installation.

I believe the lines have already been strung, at least in this area. It is just a matter of connecting each house. I am just wondering when they will be finished in Ajijic.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going up there to talk with them.  Internet over the phone line is a non starter now, the reliability is awful and the speed is abysmal.  I get the feeling they don't care about this business anymore.  We'll try the fiber optic but if it has the same lousy reliability we are done with TelMex.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Going up there to talk with them.  Internet over the phone line is a non starter now, the reliability is awful and the speed is abysmal.  I get the feeling they don't care about this business anymore.  We'll try the fiber optic but if it has the same lousy reliability we are done with TelMex.

We never had a problem with fiber optic.  Even during a storm.  Download and upload speed is always high.   Ilox and total play have been down at times but never fiber optic.  Just my opinion and experience 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting. Telmex just knocked on my door to ask if I wanted to have fiber installed. I said yes because I was still paying for their service. They're working on it now.

I had switched to iLox 3 years ago because all Telmex offered in Upper Chula Vista was twisted pair and abismal download speed.

Lets see if their speed is comparable to iLox.

SunFan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SunFan said:

Interesting. Telmex just knocked on my door to ask if I wanted to have fiber installed. I said yes because I was still paying for their service. They're working on it now.

I had switched to iLox 3 years ago because all Telmex offered in Upper Chula Vista was twisted pair and abismal download speed.

Lets see if their speed is comparable to iLox.

SunFan

My last house I got telmex fiber installed and while I was there it was very good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...