Chapala.com Webboard

Turmeric for pain...with black pepper (piperine)?

Rainy season not good for my hip that 6 years ago suffered a botched hip replacement surgery here (redone at the VA hospital in Phoenix). Pain radiating down to the calf area and back of knee. Have started to take 2 capsules of turmeric (100 mg. ea.) a day and so far not much relief. Read that if taken with black pepper (piperine) 20 mg. together this helps speed up the process. One question is where do I get this here, and also any comments on this treatment one way or another from those who have experience with this? I try to stay away from prescription pain meds, and would be happy to have other comments on alternative, natural treatments. Gracias 

7 minutes ago, bmh said:

I eat lots of turmeric  sometimes with pepper sometimes not because I cook with turmeric  and other spices a lot.. I never noticed it did anything to pain. 

If you google TURMERIC FOR PAIN you will see a lot of positive reviews, and also better with the black pepper for faster absorption. I think the the black pepper is in tablet form also...my question is where do I get that? I am not talking about turmeric and black pepper as a spice, because the result would be inconsequential for my purpose.  

7 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Rainy season not good for my hip that 6 years ago suffered a botched hip replacement surgery here (redone at the VA hospital in Phoenix). Pain radiating down to the calf area and back of knee. Have started to take 2 capsules of turmeric (100 mg. ea.) a day and so far not much relief. Read that if taken with black pepper (piperine) 20 mg. together this helps speed up the process. One question is where do I get this here, and also any comments on this treatment one way or another from those who have experience with this? I try to stay away from prescription pain meds, and would be happy to have other comments on alternative, natural treatments. Gracias 

I've had amazing results with Pain Flex Forte. You can buy it at the Farmacia San Andres west of Ajijic.

I was skeptical about it but it really works.

https://naterra.com.mx/product/pain-flex-forte-30-caplts/