Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for the legit Lake Chapala Reporter.

The Guadalajara Reporter is the real one.  https://theguadalajarareporter.net/

Frankly I find Semenario Laguna has much better local news coverage and without the one sided political bias.  You might want to try that one. 

http://semanariolaguna.com/

They have a FB page.

Great for practicing Spanish reading too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

The Guadalajara Reporter is the real one.  https://theguadalajarareporter.net/

Frankly I find Semenario Laguna has much better local news coverage and without the one sided political bias.  You might want to try that one. 

http://semanariolaguna.com/

They have a FB page.

Great for practicing Spanish reading too.

I should have added that I need it in English.

52 minutes ago, RickS said:

MC could you expound on the 'one sided political bias' of the Guadalajara Reporter?

Seriously, each paper has its "leanings" few are "impartal" most tilt to the "left or right", as I am sure you will appreciate...naivety or ignorance is not an excuse

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Oh, please don't encourage him. 

3 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Seriously, each paper has its "leanings" few are "impartal" most tilt to the "left or right", as I am sure you will appreciate...naivety or ignorance is not an excuse

So the one from afar doesn't want me to ask about a local rag and the lake guy suggests that if I have to ask I must be either naive or ignorant.  Neither, of course, are Moderators so my question is still on the table MC.

16 minutes ago, RickS said:

So the one from afar doesn't want me to ask about a local rag

I wasn't saying not to ask about a local rag, but not to invite MC to pontificate with his views on how something is too "left" for him. AndI was being somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

1 hour ago, RickS said:

So the one from afar doesn't want me to ask about a local rag and the lake guy suggests that if I have to ask I must be either naive or ignorant.  Neither, of course, are Moderators so my question is still on the table MC.

Forgeddaboutit Rick.  :D 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

I wasn't saying not to ask about a local rag, but not to invite MC to pontificate with his views on how something is too "left" for him. AndI was being somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

PLEEEEEESE...we have to all listen to and obey the Nun!!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, gringohombre said:

PLEEEEEESE...we have to all listen to and obey the Nun!!!

No you don't. There's a  block function. 

I can't imagine what sort of perverted thrill you get out of referring to me ad nauseum as the "nun". You have the maturity level of a 13 year old cyberbully.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, mudgirl said:

No you don't. There's a  block function. 

I can't imagine what sort of perverted thrill you get out of referring to me ad nauseum as the "nun". You have the maturity level of a 13 year old cyberbully.

Why don't YOU block ME??? I kind of get a kick out of the dichotomy of your posts...and no, not perverted (yeah...I am really into Nuns!); just the silliness!!! Your scolding of others for any slight deviation from your hardline views is kind of amusing....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

On 6/9/2022 at 12:47 PM, RickS said:

MC could you expound on the 'one sided political bias' of the Guadalajara Reporter?

Who'd bother having an opinion about the Guadalajara Reporter or sundry "news" websites y grupos de Facebook? Son menos que triviales.

These things share the perspective of ... [wait for it] ... expat gringa English majors. Lord knows you can't have too many of those. 😑

LQ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1