Chapala.com Webboard

SAT dead line is postponed until January 1 2023

bmh

I got my RFC in 2002 and it was a generic one so when they computerized everything  I could not get facturas so I got a new one 3 years ago which is correct bud now I have to have a constancia so the fact you have a RFC  is noce but unless you actualize it you will not be able to get the new type of facturas if you need them If you do not them worry about it when you need one..

1 hour ago, bmh said:

I got my RFC in 2002 and it was a generic one so when they computerized everything  I could not get facturas so I got a new one 3 years ago.

That doesn't make any sense. If your RFC was generic, it wasn't a real RFC.

I just looked at my original SAT papers, and I got it in 2004. It was a real RFC and it is still my RFC.

However, banks and other entities at that time just put in a generic RFC, which I had to get them to change to the real one.

it makes perfect sense to me. BBVA assigned generic RFC that were accepted for facturas until 3 years ago and then they kicked out so I went to SAT and they gave me a good RFC with constancia.. simple.

Now I need a constancia to get the facturas 4.0 and I need to update the file from SAT . To do that I need a password which I never was given so I asked for one and I am waiting and waiting for one.

25 minutes ago, bmh said:

BBVA assigned generic RFC that were accepted for facturas until 3 years ago.

You said that you had a generic RFC before.

What I am saying is that it it wasn't an RFC issued by SAT, who never issued generic RFCs, so it was never an RFC you "had"- it was just what banks and other entities used to fill in with people who didn't have RFCs or didn't provide them with the real one.

And while banks and other businesses were issuing facturas with those generic RFCs, they could never be used for deductions, if one had a business and had to pay taxes, nor could they be used to lower capital gains amounts owing when selling a house, as far as I'm aware. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Not trying to fight with you, but this is exactly what you said. Just because BBVA put a generic RFC number on your paperwork, doesn't mean you "got" an RFC. 

This is good advice to check and make sure the RFC you have is the one they have for you.  Early on one of our banks was using generic RFCs.