Chapala.com Webboard

Prescription meds mail to mx.

There's a Facebook page called Lake Chapala Mule Service for people who are willing to take and bring back mail and small items when travelling to the States.  There might be a member on that group who is willing to bring back your meds (assuming there are no narcotics).  Otherwise, you can ask at iShop or Sol y Luna mail services.  You can have them shipped to their Laredo address and pick them up when they arrive here.  But the fees for the mail services are very high.

I, too, am a vet who used to get a couple of prescriptions filled through the VA prior to moving here.

I found it far less hassle, cheaper, and better overall to buy my few meds otc here. Ask your médico for assistance if you can't find exactly what you were taking, but there was only one combination drug for bp that I couldn't find here and she replaced it with something that has worked far better.

Walmart gives us oldies 5% off on all drugs and if you buy 3- packs,  the 4th is gratis. Or, at any of the Farmacia Similares, Mondays everything is 25% off. I get my Celecoxib (Celebrex) there and the price is ridiculously low. 

• 3 weeks later...

i take eloquist - the world's most expensive blood thinner in the U>S> since the generic is not allowed.  However I began to use PharmStore in winnipeg to order the generic which came from Mauritania I believe - Luckily I came  to Mexico with a 6 month supply - ihave to take 5 mm a day forever- and called PharmStore when i arrived her to see if they could send the med here.  they cannot send to mexico it turns out.  So because I know a lot of canadians who go back and forth i thought Pharmstore could send my order to a canadian who could get it across the border in a suitcase.  but they can only send meds to the us not canada -so then i tried ishop and they told me the costs of getting meds in through loredo were very high - especially for mine - since the charge is a certain percentage of the order and then it might not get through.

Luckily it turns out Eloquist which still not a generic in Mexico is significantly cheaper than the u.s. so it will cost me about 300 more a year to just buy it here.  One more of the fascinating things that one has to learn when moving here.  Every day is an adventure.  

My wife and I both take Elicuis which we happily buy here at any Farmacia. My Cardio just increased my dosage last week. I mentioned before that we pay all med expenses out of pocket HERE.Just bought 3 oxy concentrators and a nebulizor. waaaay more pesos than a so called but not really expensive drug to stay alive a bit longer

yes - eliquist is WAY cheaper here than in the states - think it was something like 810 for 90 pills - if i had to pay that, i would have died sooner of shock if  i had to pay the bill - pharmstore was 139 withno postage to the states for the same 90 day amount - it was a generic as i said but my cardio said it was the same thing and i am still here so guess it was - d