Chapala.com Webboard

Constancia de Situación Fiscal Youtube Video

48 minutes ago, tonys said:

Most expats do not need to worry about a constancia it's your status as a tax payer. for those with tax obligations

Tell that to CFE, your bank, your insurance company, your internet provider, and every other entity that is going to have to have a copy of your Constancia starting in January 2023. They will be required by SAT to have a copy of your constancia. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2022 at 9:13 PM, mudgirl said:

Has nothing to do with being a "foreigner". Plenty of foreigners run businesses in Mexico and have to do all that stuff.

"Foreigner" is not a synonym for "Retired".

And I'm quite sure that foreigners might also have the same name. It's not something exclusive to Mexicans.

Actually, this was reported by someone who was at SAT to get RFC with her husband and she was the last one they did that with, her husband did not have to have picture taken, etc as the notice had just come down that foreigners no longer needed it. Of course, if one has a business that would be a different situation. I don't care, I have my documents and did not need a picture, signature, etc.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, luvsdawgs said:

her husband did not have to have picture taken, etc as the notice had just come down that foreigners no longer needed it.

Didn't need what? A picture, signature, iris scan, etc., or an RFC and a Constancia? 

If a foreigner owns a home here and ever wants to sell it, it is in their best interest to get facturas under one's RFC for any materials and labor that is spent on the house, as well as appliances, AC units, and so on that went into the house, as they can be used as deductions on any capital  gains owing.