Chapala.com Webboard

For anyone who has been on a waiting list for a new car

Now that's funny! Hope the price was discounted for all the new fangled gadgets that won't be operable. I guess when the air bags don't deploy in an accident, the lawsuits that follow will make this appear to be a very bad decision on Ford's part.

What Do Semiconductor Chips Do in Cars? (motorbiscuit.com)

1 hour ago, Jreboll said:

Last month Ford started shipping out some of its cars without the chips. They could be sold as is and the chips would arrive later.

I didn't think they'd even start without the chips.  One would be nuts to pay big money for an incomplete vehicle and an open guess as to when the rest of it would be installed.  Smart move on Ferret's part.

My 1982 Ford F150 pickup keeps on truckin'. I asked Armando, my mechanic how much longer will the 40 year old relic will keep rollin'. He thought for a minute and said "40 more years". I then asked him how many more years do I have, he looked at me for a minute and said "40 more years". I will take that!!!

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

My 1982 Ford F150 pickup keeps on truckin'. I asked Armando, my mechanic how much longer will the 40 year old relic will keep rollin'. He thought for a minute and said "40 more years". I then asked him how many more years do I have, he looked at me for a minute and said "40 more years". I will take that!!!

Oh, I forgot...NO CHIPS!!!!

11 hours ago, Mexicoafterlife said:

Just wait for China to take out Taiwan. They are the largest chip maker in the world. And they are set up to blow up every plant in the country is China invades. Now that will be a chip shortage.

The "scorced earth policy" you mentioned is simply a US Military magazine article SUGGESTING Taiwan do that if invaded by China. Taiwan never said they plan to do it as you say - that they are set up to do it. Dumb stuff at any rate.

https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/news/taiwan-should-adopt-a-broken-nest-policy-and-destroy-tsmc-in-wake-of-any-chinese-invasion-suggests-us-military-paper/

26 minutes ago, AlanMexicali said:

The "scorced earth policy" you mentioned is simply a US Military magazine article SUGGESTING Taiwan do that if invaded by China. Taiwan never said they plan to do it as you say - that they are set up to do it. Dumb stuff at any rate.

https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/news/taiwan-should-adopt-a-broken-nest-policy-and-destroy-tsmc-in-wake-of-any-chinese-invasion-suggests-us-military-paper/

Lol no it was a article about a reporter who was asking why there was concrete blocks over the roads.  And the locals told him to drop instantly after an invasion. Then told him about how all the plants were set to blow before China hit the island. Was a couple of years ago. They have it setup not a drill. The poor reporter was freaked out at first then after thinking it over figures out it really was the best. Also why Taiwan companies are spending billions to build chip plants in the usa. The executives and there families get to live here and the companies will still be alive after the China invasion. 

Last I read they have the boats and military bases to put 1 million troops o to Taiwan. So might as well blow it all up.

Well if you ever had the chance to visit Switzerland, which by the way is mostly mountains and valleys, you would have notice travelling on the highways that on bridges there are many concrete covers. These would be removed and explosives would be dropped inside in the event of an invasion (same goes for the tunnels). This is how Switzerland stayed out of the second world war. Hitler may have been crazy but not stupid and yes the Swiss let German train convoy threw going to Italy.

3 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

Well if you ever had teh chance to visit Switzerland, which by teh way is mostly mountains and valleys, you would have notice travelling on teh highways that on bridges their are many concrete covers. These would be removed and explosives would be dropped inside in teh event of an invasion (same goes for teh tunnels). This is how Switzerland stayed out of teh second world war. Hitler may have been crazy but not stupid and yes teh Swiss let German train convoy threw going to Italy.

And this has interest to new car delays and chip shortage OMG