Chapala.com Webboard

Governor announces no emissions fines for now

Governor announces that there will be no fines for not passing verification until the system is complete

The Governor of Jalisco, Enrique Alfaro Ramírez, announced that he accepted the request of the Legislative Power to postpone this process.  

“There are no fines until our entire system works fully, we are going to analyze what Congress sent us, we are going to continue fine-tuning things and we are going to correct whatever is necessary for it to work correctly,” 

In addition, the state authorities are still reviewing the verification project because it is necessary to make adjustments and changes on different fronts and not all the service lines required by the state to verify all the units have yet been built.

https://www.eloccidental.com.mx/local/multas-por-no-realizar-la-verificacion-vehicular-en-jalisco-se-cancelan-8347339.html

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

Governor announces that there will be no fines for not passing verification until the system is complete

The Governor of Jalisco, Enrique Alfaro Ramírez, announced that he accepted the request of the Legislative Power to postpone this process.  

“There are no fines until our entire system works fully, we are going to analyze what Congress sent us, we are going to continue fine-tuning things and we are going to correct whatever is necessary for it to work correctly,” 

In addition, the state authorities are still reviewing the verification project because it is necessary to make adjustments and changes on different fronts and not all the service lines required by the state to verify all the units have yet been built.

https://www.eloccidental.com.mx/local/multas-por-no-realizar-la-verificacion-vehicular-en-jalisco-se-cancelan-8347339.html

I wish them good luck because as a starter it would mean having to take millions of clunkers off the road. In addition for many Mexicans the only alternative is to buy a new car on credit with a 6 year term at 17 % . (if the economy ever tanks, there will be a lot of somewhat news cars for sale....😉).  

• Like 1

Dear Governor,

May I suggest that you stop worrying if the cars tires have the correct pressure, that the antifreeze and oil are full, that the car is clean, etc, and focus on checking for the pollutants being emitted by the car, like in previous years the program might function more efficiently.

Your truly, Floradude

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Floradude said:

Dear Governor,

May I suggest that you stop worrying if the cars tires have the correct pressure, that the antifreeze and oil are full, that the car is clean, etc, and focus on checking for the pollutants being emitted by the car, like in previous years the program might function more efficiently.

Your truly, Floradude

From what I understand this is primarily emissions testing with the other things thrown in just to try to justify this stupid money grab. All vehicles that are newer than 5 - 10 years old have all the anti pollution devises installed so the testing system should "time-out" in not too many years (don't hold your breath!). So again, the poor with older vehicles are suffering the most, just like El Norte where gas prices have doubled in the last 18 months because of the pressure of the New Green Cartel!!!

52 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

just like El Norte where gas prices have doubled in the last 18 months because of the pressure of the New Green Cartel!!!

Aw geez, here we go again! You just can't leave any thread alone without your misguided right wing views.

• Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Floradude said:

It is the other things thrown in that are getting most of the older cars the fines that financially hard on the average Mexican.

I am sure that most poor Mexicans with older vehicles like my 1982 Ford F-100 pickup will completely avoid this process, knowing that it will fail the emissions test. Like me I think that most here are not even aware of the other obstacles that have been thrown up recently. Just another money grubbin' government scam, such as those El Norte, propagated by the New Green Cartel and folded into the government money making machine!!!

Aren't the air sample standards pretty loose?  They sure were with the previous program.

It is tough on those who can barely afford to drive to check the other stuff but there really is a lot of dangerous junk on the roads here that either needs to be fixed or removed.  

Now when it comes to dangerous I want to know when they are going to start checking all these death dealing overloaded trucks that crash quite regularly and far too often kill innocent people.  

As far as my observation goes, the overloaded transport vehicles are the primary cause of traffic accidents in Mexico, even if they are not directly involved. 

When a vehicle is incapable of traveling more than 20 kms/hour where the speed limit is 60-80, with 2 kms of cars backed up behind them, drivers get so frustrated that they try to pass where it is not safe to do so. 

This why they have weigh stations up north that transport vehicles are required to pull into.

I remember driving up the Olympic peninsula in Washington, where the highway is 2 lane and quite curvy, with very few safe places to pass- there were signs saying that any vehicle that had 5 or more other vehicles stuck behind them are required by law to pull off the highway and let those vehicles drive by.

• Like 4

Personally, I have no problem with this inspection other then it should be maybe every 3 years not every year (that is a scam). For me  the real scam is the auto industry only wanting to sell you a new car with a 6 year credit term and at 17 %. (it took me almost a month to buy a car cash with the help of S&S). I would have a little more faith in the government if they passed a law capping the interest rate at say no more then 6 % plus inflation adjustments.

On 5/29/2022 at 12:30 PM, gringohombre said:

The whole thing is a scam and another government money grab...and who is going to suffer most...the poorest who are trying thier best to climb out of the very high poverty level here!!!

Maybe you have a point.

From the Imformador today:

The resources generated with the application of the vehicle verification program have benefited the software and technology provider more than the Jalisco Environmental Fund.

Since the beginning of the new program, the system provider has already pocketed 84.5 million pesos (MDP), while only 21.9 million pesos were transferred to the State Fund.

In response to a request for information via Transparency, the State Territory Management Coordination detailed that since November 2020 it has made 18 transfers to the Fund and to the provider. However, it did not specify the payments to the owners of the verification centers. The three share the income from this program.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Maybe you have a point.

From the Imformador today:

Can you say Nepotism, Cronyism, Patronage and just plain GRAFT??? Oh yeah...and who is all this Green New Deal Cartel nonsense hurting most?...The poor hardworking Mexican working to climb the ladder out of poverty!!!