Chapala.com Webboard

HSBC bank

Besides this scam here (and now at other bank ATM's) You have to keep your eye on your card. These machines suck your card all the way in and after the transaction you have to punch a button to get it out. In most other ATM's the card is protruding and you cannot get your money until you extract the card. If you are not  careful, or distracted, you can easily walk away (such as I did years ago) and face the hassle of cancelling the card and getting a new one. Beware!

You are making invalid assumptions. I was probably the first to post what the difference was between accept and the not accept rates several years ago.. Nothing sad about saying that "the conversion rate is not the greatest"  I just wanted to know what the difference was. I could certainly see what HSBC was doing and reported it.

On 6/3/2022 at 11:40 AM, gringohombre said:

Besides this scam here (and now at other bank ATM's) You have to keep your eye on your card. These machines suck your card all the way in and after the transaction you have to punch a button to get it out. In most other ATM's the card is protruding and you cannot get your money until you extract the card. If you are not  careful, or distracted, you can easily walk away (such as I did years ago) and face the hassle of cancelling the card and getting a new one. Beware!

That is why I used to like the Banamex in Jocotepec-your card did not go inside the machine, but they closed. I don't know if all Banamexs are like that. I tried Santander in Chapala twice but long lines and slow service were too discouraging. 

On 6/2/2022 at 10:14 AM, bmh said:

The difference is not great.

I saved $20USD, pretty good.