Chapala.com Webboard

Stressed About the RFC and CFE Deadlines? WATCH THIS

As I sit here in Seattle for another 4 weeks or so, waiting for the rainy season to start lakeside before I return, I was calmed down by watching what you shared with us, Jim.

Maybe 15 years ago when I was writing Tech Talk for the Guadalajara Reporter, I remember well getting my CURP and I think RFC, and somewhere in an old file in my home in Ajijic, I have all of that stuff.  What I cannot remember, is whether the RFC I got is a real one or a fake one. I'm pretty sure it is a real one. But if not, it's not the end of the world, as I was thinking before watching that YouTube video. :) 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, johanson said:

As I sit here in Seattle for another 4 weeks or so, waiting for the rainy season to start lakeside before I return, I was calmed down by watching what you shared with us, Jim.

Maybe 15 years ago when I was writing Tech Talk for the Guadalajara Reporter, I remember well getting my CURP and I think RFC, and somewhere in an old file in my home in Ajijic, I have all of that stuff.  What I cannot remember, is whether the RFC I got is a real one or a fake one. I'm pretty sure it is a real one. But if not, it's not the end of the world, as I was thinking before watching that YouTube video. :) 

No reason for people to get their panties is a wad over these changes. They will all get done some day, or not. This is Mexico.

• Like 1

As always, the info is good to have. I'm taking the "ok now, but down the road.." approach to all of this. If there's some form that should have been issued years ago when we first got our RFCs, then it won't hurt to make sure we have a copy of file. Is it needed now? Probably not, but who knows what tomorrow will bring? Regardless, this is all great info to know. If it hadn't been for this site, I wouldn't have known about CFE requiring our RFC...since we get our bills online and I rarely look at it (solar, bill is always min, so why bother...errr... just found out). So, a bit of a scare, but an informative one!

We just returned to Mexico and purchased a house. I have an RFC and but now need a my original deed (still in the process) to change the name on my CFE bill... I think all of the churning is Mexico's way of helping retirees fill their time...

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, rvanparys said:

We just returned to Mexico and purchased a house. I have an RFC and but now need a my original deed (still in the process) to change the name on my CFE bill... I think all of the churning is Mexico's way of helping retirees fill their time...

Recently the CFE took the "escrituras" as proof of ownership of the property with the addresses of 5 sales of 3 friends of mine as soon as the money was transfered to the 5 owners without the registered "escrituras" which took a year for the Notario to get. No need to wait to change the name on the CFE bill.

1 hour ago, rvanparys said:

I have to change the deed on my house and I need a constancia, the new one, I have one from3 years ago but the notario did not accept it..So you may need one too..

I have an authentic RFC number (from a car purchase a couple of years ago? Don't remember.) This number was confirmed when I recently went to the SAT.gob site (I took a screenshot—not proof, I know, but it is in the system). But…I don’t recall ever getting any card or document proving it, like I have for my CURP. Is there some card or document available proving your RFC? I wonder, will a bank, CFE, and other entities just input the number I scribble on a scrap of paper, and find out for themselves if it is valid? Anyone encounter this?