Chapala.com Webboard

Constancia de Situación Fiscal

Its going to get confusing. A month ago a bought a new car, they wanted my RFC so gave it to them, yet they said it was not correct and then used "another" one. I checked the government website using my CURP number and the RFC I originally gave them is correct. BBVA has the same number as I have investments with them. Once the dust settles and if this is still a mess, well not that I want to but I would get Spencer's office involved.

I just bought a new car last Tuesday at a large dealership in Guadalajara called Camarena Automotriz Occidente and also gave them my Cedula de Identificacion Fiscal... the one with the QR code. My invoice shows a generic RFC. When I asked why they didn't use MY number, they stated that is how their system is set up. Duh. I understood it to mean that the person who inputs the information on the invoice can't be trusted to do it correctly. Double duh. Has no one ever heard of proof reading?

• Like 1

Including yours? On the other hand, you may have a deformed "d" on your laptop. It was a hilarious comment and absolutely true but I'm referring to the documentation of IMPORTANT stuff.

I am still trying to get an answer to the difference between a Cedula de Identificacion Fiscal and a Constancia de Situacion Fiscal. Are they the same? I have the first (a full page printed) and it has a QR code on it and states quite clearly "Inscripcion persona fisica sin actividad economica extranjera". Apologies for the lack of the appropriate accent marks. I read that the CARD is required with photo and signature because of the number of Mexicans with the same name and all of this is to distinguish between them. We, as foreigners, rarely have totally duplicated names and we have other identifying documents like passports and INM cards that already have our photos and signatures on them.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Including yours? On the other hand, you may have a deformed "d" on your laptop. It was a hilarious comment and absolutely true but I'm referring to the documentation of IMPORTANT stuff.

I am still trying to get an answer to the difference between a Cedula de Identificacion Fiscal and a Constancia de Situacion Fiscal. Are they the same? I have the first (a full page printed) and it has a QR code on it and states quite clearly "Inscripcion persona fisica sin actividad economica extranjera". Apologies for the lack of the appropriate accent marks. I read that the CARD is required with photo and signature because of the number of Mexicans with the same name and all of this is to distinguish between them. We, as foreigners, rarely have totally duplicated names and we have other identifying documents like passports and INM cards that already have our photos and signatures on them.

One is a tax ID:  It is a document that the Mexican government provides to each person who is a taxpayer. It is also known as CIF by its acronym (Fiscal Identification Card). Thus, the CIF is issued by the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit.

the Constancia de Situacion Fiscal is: The proof of the tax situation is a document that appears as a tax identification of a natural or legal person. In this document, you can find the tax address, the full name of the taxpayer, their CURP and their tax regimen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

Its going to get confusing. A month ago a bought a new car, they wanted my RFC so gave it to them, yet they said it was not correct and then used "another" one. I checked the government website using my CURP number and the RFC I originally gave them is correct. BBVA has the same number as I have investments with them. Once the dust settles and if this is still a mess, well not that I want to but I would get Spencer's office involved.

Confusion, where can we find out what is true 

6 hours ago, rckrckr said:

Has no one ever heard of proof reading?

Have you ever read the posts on this and TOB? 😂

What is your point?

18 hours ago, chapalence said:

I just got word from my insurance agent that this will be required to renew my car insurance in July.

What is this?

20 hours ago, luvsdawgs said:

One is a tax ID:  It is a document that the Mexican government provides to each person who is a taxpayer. It is also known as CIF by its acronym (Fiscal Identification Card). Thus, the CIF is issued by the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit.

the Constancia de Situacion Fiscal is: The proof of the tax situation is a document that appears as a tax identification of a natural or legal person. In this document, you can find the tax address, the full name of the taxpayer, their CURP and their tax regimen.

Thanks but all the information of the CIF does show all the information that the Constancia de Situacion Fiscal has. It is not only written on the certificate but is also embedded in the QR code.

• Like 1

FWIW, I think it's safe to say that we all need to get this document as soon as possible if we don't already have it. We have RFCs, but were never given anything else. It's only after this whole CFE brouhaha happened that I started digging a bit. While things may be loosey-goosey now (something on paper from SAT being accepted by CFE), you just know that eventually things will tighten up and "official" documents will be required. Why wait? Save yourself a headache and get whatever documents you're missing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cedros said:

Today I showed a lawyer my RFC# she said it was correct but it had to be on different paper.

???? What is it on and what kind of paper does it need to be on?

I went to the local papeleria today and she got the Constancia de Situacion Fiscal and printed it for me. $100.00 MXN.  There is a sign there listing that, so the Mexican community is going in there to get it also. She told me  I do not need the Cedula de Identificacion Fiscal. If someone asks me for one I can get it then, I have the most important one I guess.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sunshineydays said:

$$$

N

So you think it's wrong for someone to charge the equivalent of $5 to provide a service to people who have not been able to do something on their own? People have seemingly spent hours trying to do this themselves, how nice that there is someone who is assisting people. 

10 hours ago, luvsdawgs said:

I went to the local papeleria today and she got the Constancia de Situacion Fiscal and printed it for me. $100.00 MXN.  There is a sign there listing that, so the Mexican community is going in there to get it also. She told me  I do not need the Cedula de Identificacion Fiscal. If someone asks me for one I can get it then, I have the most important one I guess.

The paper was a certain Government form with all the blanks filled in.

1 hour ago, cedros said:

The paper was a certain Government form with all the blanks filled in.

OK, the form she got was all filled out, she had gone to the gov't website and input my RFC and then gave whatever info required. It took some time to finish, I assume due to high traffic on the site. It took a few hours actually. She called me when it was finished and I  picked up the completed form. I still do not have an RFC card as it was done so many years ago but the QR code is on the form.

13 hours ago, luvsdawgs said:

The Constancia has ALL the numbers you might ever need. Better than getting the RFC just by itself.

14 hours ago, luvsdawgs said:

Would you please share the paleleria that did this service 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1