Chapala.com Webboard

HOW TO GET YOUR CIF (WHICH SHOWS YOUR RFC AND CIF INFO)

Long story short, Jim Bowie's link was fantastic for information and made me realize we didn't have everything we needed that CFE was going to demand. We have old copies of SAT-issued RFC info, but not a CIF. If you go directly to the SAT site (sat.gob.mx), you'll find that you get into a never ending circle trying to gain access. When you try links for "forgot my password" or to even sign up for one, you just get redirected back to a page that requires...yes, you guessed it...a password or e-sig. On Youtube, I found a SAT site that actually will let you get your CIF online. There is one big caveat:  you have to understand Spanish. If you don't, get a friend who does. The info is also transcribed at the bottom of the page (in Spanish) if you read better than you hear. You don't need a password, just your RFC number. 

Before you go to the site, download a front and back (on the same page) copy of your RP or temp card. If you're using your passport, then a one page copy of the information (photo, pp #). Make sure you have a valid (not made up on the spot) RFC number. If you're comfortable enough with your Spanish, then go directly to http://www.satid.sat.gob.mx. It's really very easy. You'll punch in your info, download your id proof and then have to record a video of you saying a phrase. You have plenty of time to practice and can always write it down and hold it out of camera range. 

Once you've finished, you'll be e-mail the CIF within 5 days. Hey, it sure beats the heck out of travelling to Guad!

If you want the youtube video that walks you through it, here it is: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That's fantastic news but it still won't hurt to get this document because you never know what tomorrow may bring. Better to have it and not need it than need it and no longer be able to access it. Per Jim's video, there are also some codes on it that CFE needs. 

Natasha, do you have a laptop with a camera or a friend with one? That's exactly what happened to me. I had to down load the RP on the desktop (printer acccess, no camera) and then send it to myself to download it onto the laptop with built in camera and microphone. 

18 hours ago, ibarra said:

We know several people that went to CFE is Chapala and only had to give them their RFC number and CFE account number.  Nothing else was required. 

Thank you for sharing this.

I took my last bill and a printed screenshot from Haciendas that showed my CURP (used to find my RFC) and my RFC to CFE. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, jrod said:

An electronic signature IS required, as are uploaded photo and recorded phrase.

The uploaded photo and recording are no issue but the sig, not so much. Due to my hand structure, it is pretty much impossible to do a signature on a device, nevermind not having a touch screen. When I do the fingerprints scenario for documents, great body contortions are required😎 I can do a PDF signature but do they accept that?

20 hours ago, Tingting said:

Long story short, Jim Bowie's link was fantastic for information and made me realize we didn't have everything we needed that CFE was going to demand. We have old copies of SAT-issued RFC info, but not a CIF. If you go directly to the SAT site (sat.gob.mx), you'll find that you get into a never ending circle trying to gain access. When you try links for "forgot my password" or to even sign up for one, you just get redirected back to a page that requires...yes, you guessed it...a password or e-sig. On Youtube, I found a SAT site that actually will let you get your CIF online. There is one big caveat:  you have to understand Spanish. If you don't, get a friend who does. The info is also transcribed at the bottom of the page (in Spanish) if you read better than you hear. You don't need a password, just your RFC number. 

Before you go to the site, download a front and back (on the same page) copy of your RP or temp card. If you're using your passport, then a one page copy of the information (photo, pp #). Make sure you have a valid (not made up on the spot) RFC number. If you're comfortable enough with your Spanish, then go directly to http://www.satid.sat.gob.mx. It's really very easy. You'll punch in your info, download your id proof and then have to record a video of you saying a phrase. You have plenty of time to practice and can always write it down and hold it out of camera range. 

Once you've finished, you'll be e-mail the CIF within 5 days. Hey, it sure beats the heck out of travelling to Guad!

If you want the youtube video that walks you through it, here it is: 

It took me a couple of tries to find the easiest way to do this. Here are my tips-

Use Chrome and it's all translated for you.

Use a device that has a camera and microphone. You can take photos of your green card and upload straight from there. I used the INE option because there wasn't one for INM.

Be patient, especially if you're trying during peak hours. It was all much faster early in the morning.

If you are using Chrome, the statement that you read is also in English, so don't sweat it.

You sign just like you do on any of the electronic terminals in government offices. Again, a phone 📱 is the best option imo.

I'm still not certain what we need this for, but it really isn't that difficult.

2 minutes ago, timjwilson said:

The uploaded photo and recording are no issue but the sig, not so much. Due to my hand structure, it is pretty much impossible to do a signature on a device, nevermind not having a touch screen. When I do the fingerprints scenario for documents, great body contortions are required😎 I can do a PDF signature but do they accept that?

No. 

My signature looked nothing like it does when I use a pen and I am guessing that's the case with most of us ;)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chapalence said:

No. 

My signature looked nothing like it does when I use a pen and I am guessing that's the case with most of us ;)

Thanks for pointing out that you used an android. I'll give it a whirl. Definitely it will be easier to attempt a signature horizontally.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sunshineydays said:

So what was the program you used to do the signature? 

TIA

No program needed.

The signature box appeared with instructions to sign, so I scribbled my name in the same format as on my green card. If you use your passport for ID, sign as you did on it.

An iPad also works although not without a lot of gyrations.

The desktop monitor has no camera. The antivirus program on the laptop was in no way going to allow the SAT page access to the camera even with the option turned off and the protection paused. The iPad allowed access to the camera and the token was sent by text. So far so good.

In order to attach a file on an iPad you must access it on iCloud, the local file system or photos. Had to email the photo so that I could save it to photos. Then the video and sentence were a joke but in the end the request was accepted. Now a room full of people at SAT must look at every photo, video and listen to the sentence to see if it passes. I wonder if their system has a place to store this information without losing it.

According to one of the videos SAT will respond back in a few days. All this just to get the password on an existing account changed.