Chapala.com Webboard

Guad Reporter article- Ribaras Sewer Project

In this GR page 9 there is an article giving cost details for a proposed sewer system for Ribaras del Pilar....the proposed project will cost 68M pesos and shared between the government and owners would cost cost the owners (depending on lot size) say $1,300/$1,600 which I thinks is a good deal

The local government appreciates that home owners are concerned that the local government will just pocket their contribution, ( wonder why!!) and indicates the money will be placed in a seperate account and used only for this project.

Question's; will this opportunity FLY......Will this local government be "honest".....Will the residents support the proposal. Any Ribaras forum members want to comment if they will participate?? 

I seriously doubt it can be done for that amount of money after the usual suspects gets their hands in the till.

Even at that, having sewers in Riberas would increase property values a lot more than the cost.  A lot of that water in the streets there isn't just ground water.

That does not however fix the chronic problems with the water system there, let alone the atrocious condition of the streets.  These need to be addressed as well.

How do they intend to collect?  The area has more than its share of people who don't pay property taxes and water bills.

Well, if they do it like they do in Canada (don't know about the U.S.), they will fix the street first. Then they will dig it up to put in the sewer lines. Then they will fix the street again. Then dig it up to put it new water lines. Then they may fix the street again... or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have known about La Floresta for years. However, the properties there are substantially larger than those in Riberas del Pilar... and Riberas has a lot of construction going on. I guess there are areas of Riberas where it is a problem but not where I live on San Mateo. Many people do flush their water softening back flush water to the street as do people with pools when they back flush after adding certain chemicals to their pools and vaccuum. With all the potholes in the road, that water can sit for a while and is also a breeding ground for mosquitoes.