Chapala.com Webboard

Car Registration at Ocotlan

It is confusing. Are the general inspections still required but not the emmission inspection or vice versa. 

5 hours ago, colormeblue said:

So what is the current requirement? I had read that the government had suspended the program.

A different program, due to start nationwide in November, is suspended. The statewide Jalisco emissions inspection stations are still in business.

• Like 3

In referencing the above.  I do not know if the method of payment influences the availability of scheduling.  I am planning on paying with a Debit card but I have not yet got to that option since I cannot schedule a date.   I also looked in July...nothing is available.

On 5/22/2022 at 6:58 PM, Floradude said:

I have spent a couple of hours trying to schedule a time for Ocotlan but every day in the month of June is "the selected time is already occupied."

Any suggestions.  I do go into Guadalajara.

The first time I went, I went to station 003 in Guadalajara. Not hard to reach; about 1 1/4 hrs drive time for early morning appt.

ednet94 I think you are on to something.  Last evening I tried the Spanish version.  No problems and very easy.  I received my first appointment request--Ocotlan, June 9th. at 9:30.   This morning I will go into the Recaudadora and pay (required within 72 hours.)

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 5:57 PM, Mostlylost said:

The requirement for Jalisco is clearly stated on the website.  

https://citas-verificacionresponsable.jalisco.gob.mx/#/registro

I don't see any requirement at that website.

After your applications is accepted you will receive back information.  One of them is that, now you have your application you have 3 days to pay the $500 fee or your appointment will be cancelled.    If you think about it this is the good way to do it.  The appointment is the hard part.   Paying at the Recaudadora is simple.  Better to have your appointment before paying, than paying first and then not getting an appointment.

I could have been more clear above.   When your application is accepted you will immediately receive an email back with your formal verification.    For example, after my full name there was this.

Hemos creado una cuenta con tu correo electronico.  Se ha agendado una cita para verificacion del vehiculo con placa XXXXXXX para el dia 2022-06-09 con horario de 09:30 en el Centro CVR 0004.

This is followed with lots of information, including the payment.

Note:  At first I could not find my reply in my email. It turned out my computer put it in my junk mail.

On 5/22/2022 at 5:57 PM, Mostlylost said:

The requirement for Jalisco is clearly stated on the website.  

https://citas-verificacionresponsable.jalisco.gob.mx/#/registro

The govenor said that there will be no emmissions fines for now until they get it fully operational

• Confused 1

On 5/28/2022 at 11:58 AM, Mostlylost said:

Duh  I posted that information

Now you know. The location is not clearly given unless you register. Backwards.

• Confused 1