Chapala.com Webboard

If you search on amazon.com (link I posted above) , then click on the item you are interested in, if that item is  available from amazon.mx it will appear on the side and you can click on that link to find out price and if it is imported or not.  Sometimes they are not imported and actually cost less than having them shipped from the U.S.    Most of the items that we have ordered from amazon.mx have arrived within 2 days.

4 hours ago, ibarra said:

Thanks. Outside. I would like to see them before I buy them as some are pretty flimsy so Amazon would not work. Amazon does not seem to carry what I am looking for. The ones that I am looking for are much more substantial than the Amazon ones.

On 5/22/2022 at 8:49 AM, chapalence said:

I searched "clothesline pulley" on Amazon.com.mx  and there were plenty to choose from. 

I searched there also but they did not see very substantial ones. I am thinking about hanging sheets outside to dry and wind coming along and causing problems. I have had a clothes line collapse because the plastic weapped metal line had rusted through. Rewash clothes. 

25 minutes ago, cedros said:

I am thinking about hanging sheets outside to dry and wind coming along and causing problems.

I hang king size sheets outside all the time.  Have here since 1999. Sometimes lines freestanding (set in concrete)with  upright posts at either end.  Other times  attached to side walls where available. No they don't move. But yes they work and have never lost a sheet to wind.

I am hanging clothes outside including rugs and never lost anything I use the clothe lines I buy in ferretería and pins I buy here . In France we do not use pulleys except in between houses above the streets in the south of France.. you do not need pulleys if it is all on your property, you just have to walk a little bit..

1 hour ago, bmh said:

I am hanging clothes outside including rugs and never lost anything I use the clothe lines I buy in ferretería and pins I buy here . In France we do not use pulleys except in between houses above the streets in the south of France.. you do not need pulleys if it is all on your property, you just have to walk a little bit..

I have to use pulleys as I want it quite aways above the ground.

2 hours ago, cedros said:

I searched there also but they did not see very substantial ones. I am thinking about hanging sheets outside to dry and wind coming along and causing problems.

These look  quite sturdy to me. This is a pack of two-

https://www.amazon.com.mx/Prime-Line-GD-52189-Polea-correas-diámetro/dp/B000H5QTVM/ref=sr_1_2?crid=DBF50X86E6M&keywords=clothesline+pulley&qid=1653248654&sprefix=clothesline+pulley%2Caps%2C157&sr=8-2

But if you want bigger-

https://www.amazon.com.mx/Strata-Polea-para-tendedero-metal/dp/B006POR03U/ref=sr_1_8?crid=DBF50X86E6M&keywords=clothesline+pulley&qid=1653248760&sprefix=clothesline+pulley%2Caps%2C157&sr=8-8

Of course you can create a clothesline with regular rope, attaching the ends to something, that's a no-brainer, and I'm not sure what it has to do with clothes blowing off the line. 

A pulley line is very convenient. I brought all the parts from Canada years ago. The pulleys, the piece that holds the two ends of the line together, that has a ratchet you can tighten up, and the piece that rides out on the line that keeps the line from sagging. And yes, mine is high above the ground, twice my height- I can just stand on my patio, which is a meter above ground level, and reel it out. 

When I bought it, I saw lots of cheapo versions with plastic parts, but mine are all metal. Bought at Canadian Tire. 

You can definitely get the type of cable that is normally used- metal core with plastic outer, in Mexico, and you can also buy pulleys, so I would think one could fashion something similar on their own.

Here's my set-up.

IMG_20220522_152139395_HDR.jpg

One on Amazon looks like it might be fine but I don't know how to order it. I have not used Amazon for years.. I have an account from years ago but that just seems to confuse things.

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

Of course you can create a clothesline with regular rope, attaching the ends to something, that's a no-brainer, and I'm not sure what it has to do with clothes blowing off the line. 

A pulley line is very convenient. I brought all the parts from Canada years ago. The pulleys, the piece that holds the two ends of the line together, that has a ratchet you can tighten up, and the piece that rides out on the line that keeps the line from sagging. And yes, mine is high above the ground, twice my height- I can just stand on my patio, which is a meter above ground level, and reel it out. 

When I bought it, I saw lots of cheapo versions with plastic parts, but mine are all metal. Bought at Canadian Tire. 

You can definitely get the type of cable that is normally used- metal core with plastic outer, in Mexico, and you can also buy pulleys, so I would think one could fashion something similar on their own.

Here's my set-up.

Yes somthing lke that.

1 hour ago, cedros said:

One on Amazon looks like it might be fine but I don't know how to order it. I have never used Amazon. I have an account from years ago but that just seems to confuse things.

Finally my order went through I think. The problem was I did not know the postal code here as I have moved around quite a bit and mail does not come in this area. Thre was no one here to ask about the PC so I guessed.

29 minutes ago, ibarra said:

snapshot_www.amazon.com_1653260149702.thumb.png.a312785a95a09ddc74ed018d422077a3.png should receive an email from them stating your order was received.   You can also look on the Amazon site. Toolbar box next to where it asks you to sign in - Returns & Orders - next to cart symbol. 

I received an email from Amazon confirming my order. Of course they suggested I buy several related things-which I did.

When ordering from Amazon or Amazon, Mexico, it is easier and more convenient to have things delivered to iShop then you can pick up at your convenience. You do not have to have a box there, just pay 30 pesos per package received. I have multiple addresses stored in my account depending on to whom I want it sent. iShop is one of them.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 7:56 PM, Ferret said:

When ordering from Amazon or Amazon, Mexico, it is easier and more convenient to have things delivered to iShop then you can pick up at your convenience. You do not have to have a box there, just pay 30 pesos per package received. I have multiple addresses stored in my account depending on to whom I want it sent. iShop is one of them.

I used iShop several years ago to receive things from Amazon. Then I returned to Canada and ordered several things form Amazon to be shipped to a Canadian address. Now when I try to order from Amazon they insist that I have 2 default shipping to addresses-one in Canada and one in Mexico-anything from Amazon wil probably be rejected  at both addresses. I cannot correct that so I think I will just cancel all my recent Amazon orders and try eBay maybe, or try Home Depot in Guad.  eBay seems to be  connected to Amazon in Mexico. How do you cancel things ordered on Amazon.com.mx?

• Sad 3

On 5/22/2022 at 2:52 PM, mudgirl said:

Here's my set-up.

That looks a bit iffy to me

On 5/22/2022 at 6:30 PM, cedros said:

I received an email from Amazon confirming my order. Of course they suggested I buy several related things-which I did.

But I still want to cancel. They have not posted charges to my CC.

• Sad 2

When you order from Amazon.com you are asked which address you want to use.  Click on the MX address for your current order.  We have 5 addresses listed on our Amazon.com address and have had absolutely no problems changing between them depending on where we actually want order delivered.   If you want to cancel you better do it soon before it is in process to be shipped.

• Like 1

After you sign into your Amazon account (I sure hope you sign out after ordering), click on your name and a drop down menu appears. First, click on My Account and a drop down appears on that too. Click on orders to show what's happening and you should be able to cancel it IF it hasn't already shipped. Also, you can click on addresses and add or delete an address.