Chapala.com Webboard

July 1 NEW FEDERAL LAW Re: RFC

Just found out ( am I the last to know?) there is another option to attend SAT for getting RFC.  Apparently you can opt for that location on making appt. on line. It will ask location you want..... and ADSC Jalisco 2 is a heck of a lot closer to us than the main office. In in Abastos in the 5-storey office building  inside the little privada at about Calle 7 (between 2 bank buildings) on east side.  Easier parking too!

[EDITED 22 MAY 22]

A friend whom I helped process her Constancia just told me that the sentence she had to record first came up in Spanish; then changed to English.

I think people are getting very confused by what is required for the July 1 law.  Mexico News Daily helped with the confusion, by mixing the process for obtaining an RFC with that for the new Constancia de Situación Fiscal. They are two separate documents and needed if you plan to receive a payment by factura or payroll (think Mexico medical insurance reimbursements, new CFE meters, new phones, etc.)

"Finalmente, se les recuerda que la obligación de la emisión de facturas electrónicas o recibos de nómina en el sistema la Factura Electrónica 4.0, para lo cual los contribuyentes pueden requerir su Constancia de Situación Fiscal, iniciará a partir del 1 de julio de 2022."

July 1 is not the date by which all adults 18+ (temporary or permanent foreign residents and all Mexican citizens) must have their RFC--we each already should have an RFC in order to receive a legal factura or payslip; if you don't have an RFC, you slipped through the system. The July 1 date is to get the newer Constancia de situación fiscal--think of it as a certificate of proof (from SAT) that one's CURP and RFC are correctly registered to the person named. If you for some reason do not yet have a valid RFC, you need to get that document first by applying online, making an appointment, then going to Guadalajara to finish the process. (Eons ago, many of us got our RFCs online, after getting our CURP at the Ajijic Delegación. No longer.)

The new Constancia de Situación Fiscal process can be done online on a laptop, but if you are not computer-comfortable, have difficulty reading on screen, or fear speaking a fairly long (printed) line in Spanish into the microphone to be recorded on the application site, you may need help. You need your name, address, including Colonia and cross streets (like Mercado Libre asks for), landline and cell numbers, emails (plural), your CURP number, your RFC number, a .pdf or .jpeg of the front and back of your immigration document (temporal/permanente for expats, INE for Mexicans)--that's the bulk of it.

Here's the process. At https://satid.sat.gob.mx/ you create a personal registration with a username and password (with multiple email verifications to said emails before you continue), then add home and cell numbers and, at minimum, one email address (they ask for backups.) If you are not computer-literate, you will need help to take your photo and, along with your legal immigration doc (front and back), upload it to the site. You then have to read a silly—but long—sentence for voice recognition purposes.  I think THIS part may be a problem for many, whether native or non-native speakers. Plus the text is blurred--mine was blocked by white surprinting as well--so seeing the sentence to record it is a bit dicey. You'll go through some more hoops then get another email (actually, I think I received text messages) that your info has been successfully uploaded. You wait, get a confirmation in a few days, then print the document for your safekeeping.

I hope this helps you understand what is required, and how to apply for the new Constancia by the 1 July 22 deadline.

Edited by jrod
Update
  • Thanks 5

16 hours ago, jrod said:

I think people are getting very confused by what is required for the July 1 law.  Mexico News Daily helped with the confusion, by mixing the process for obtaining an RFC with that for the new Constancia de Situación Fiscal. They are two separate documents and needed if you plan to receive a payment by factura or payroll (think Mexico medical insurance reimbursements, new CFE meters, new phones, etc.)

"Finalmente, se les recuerda que la obligación de la emisión de facturas electrónicas o recibos de nómina en el sistema la Factura Electrónica 4.0, para lo cual los contribuyentes pueden requerir su Constancia de Situación Fiscal, iniciará a partir del 1 de julio de 2022."

July 1 is not the date by which all adults 18+ (temporary or permanent foreign residents and all Mexican citizens) must have their RFC--we each already should have an RFC in order to receive a legal factura or payslip; if you don't have an RFC, you slipped through the system. The July 1 date is to get the newer Constancia de situación fiscal--think of it as a certificate of proof (from SAT) that one's CURP and RFC are correctly registered to the person named. If you for some reason do not yet have a valid RFC, you need to get that document first by applying online, making an appointment, then going to Guadalajara to finish the process. (Eons ago, many of us got our RFCs online, after getting our CURP at the Ajijic Delegación. No longer.)

The new Constancia de Situación Fiscal process can be done online on a laptop, but if you are not computer-comfortable, have difficulty reading on screen, or fear speaking a fairly long (printed) line in Spanish into the microphone to be recorded on the application site, you may need help. You need your name, address, including Colonia and cross streets (like Mercado Libre asks for), landline and cell numbers, emails (plural), your CURP number, your RFC number, a .pdf or .jpeg of the front and back of your immigration document (temporal/permanente for expats, INE for Mexicans)--that's the bulk of it.

Here's the process. At https://satid.sat.gob.mx/ you create a personal registration with a username and password (with multiple email verifications to said emails before you continue), then add home and cell numbers and, at minimum, one email address (they ask for backups.) If you are not computer-literate, you will need help to take your photo and, along with your legal immigration doc (front and back), upload it to the site. You then have to read a silly—but long—sentence for voice recognition purposes.  I think THIS part may be a problem for many, whether native or non-native speakers. Plus the text is blurred--mine was blocked by white surprinting a well-- so seeing it is a bit dicey. You'll go through some more hoops then get another email (actually, I think I received text messages) that your info has been successfully uploaded. You wait, get a confirmation in a few days, then print the document for your safekeeping.

I hope this helps you understand what is required, and how to apply for the new Constancia by the 1 July 22 deadline.

Yikes! 

anyone got an appointment? they are not available and then you have to enter a virtual line and they send you a token number that does not work and then you ask to resend and nothing happen..so far they are very close to get number too for the worst bureaucrats after the French ones.. Just went through a bunch of French ones and it is even worse..

Has anyone noticed as verything is now connected and blamed on COVID.. the long line, the lack of attention, the lack of answering the phones etc.. etc..and that is true worldwide... really sad..

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bmh said:

Oh i got a message that they will let me know when i have an appointment.

That's the new reality with them.  And be ready to drop EVERYTHING and comply because (1) if you arrive 9.99 minutes late for your appt., you lose it.  They will give you another appt. option in about 2 week's time.  Miss that one?  You can't even APPLY for new  appt. for 60 days.... at which point you go back to the end of the line..... again.