Chapala.com Webboard

Rare monkeypox outbreak in U.K., Europe and U.S.: What is it and should we worry?

2 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

I am much more concerned by the baby formula shortage. 😉

Me too but we live in mexico where it is fully stocked. Unlike USA where the plant that makes 40% after proving the baby deaths were not from there formula told the white house in Feb if they were not able to open the plant there would be a shortage in months.... the white house and fda said no your closed.  Now we have a problem made by the fda and the white house for no reason other than stupidity or plain hate for those Americans.

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, Mexicoafterlife said:

The British article said it is only transmitted thru sex so easy to avoid.

No it didn't. From the article you obviously failed to fully read or comprehend:

Person-to-person transmission isn't common, as it requires close contact with bodily fluids, such as saliva from coughing or pus from the lesions. "

And goes on to say,

"What is even more bizarre is finding cases that appear to have acquired the infection via sexual contact," epidemiologist Mateo Prochazka at the UKHSA tweeted. "This is a novel route of transmission that will have implications for outbreak response and control."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mexicoafterlife said:

Ok don't exchange body fluids with people you're not married too and your safe.   This is easy to avoid.

From coughing, sneezing... Easy to avoid, wear masks and social distance. THey are also saying that being vaccinated against smallpox appears to help. Oh dear - what if a booster is needed since the shots are so many years old? I see heads exploding. 🤣

9 hours ago, MtnMama said:

From coughing, sneezing... Easy to avoid, wear masks and social distance. THey are also saying that being vaccinated against smallpox appears to help. Oh dear - what if a booster is needed since the shots are so many years old? I see heads exploding. 🤣

Yeah rumor has it you'll have to get four shots in a year and hide under your bed with two face diapers on because unlike that one smallpox shot you had years ago, these won't really work.  Fortunately I know some here are ready!  :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

monkeypox.jpg

"They've realized that COVD isn't that bad."

An unbelievably callous comment to the wives, husbands, children of the million that died in America and millions more worldwide.

SunFan

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MtnMama said:

Oh the horror of it. A 'Green New Deal' that encourages use of low cost alternative energies like sun and wind and hydro-power instead of expensive polluting energies such as oil, natural gas and coal. What can they be thinking?

Are you a poor or even middle class family up there paying DOUBLE to fill your gas tank??? And God help them when the have to heat thier homes this coming winter and what about the HUGE inflation on food and other necessities??? And now up there they are buying oil and gas from Russia, Irian and even talking to Venezuela when they were oil independent 2 years ago!!! All of this because they were held hostage by this cartel (they do not "encourage"...they DEMAND) and then forced to pay double to these dictators who are laughing all the way to the bank!!! Do these countries negotiate policy with "new green dealers"...NO...because they would all be in JAIL or worse!!!