Chapala.com Webboard

RFC requirement

JJR

In the past obtaining an RFC Federal Taxpayers Registry ID was not mandatory -- going forward it is.  That's because the RFC number is moving beyond being used for tax purposes only and is becoming an needed personal identification number for many types of services, such as opening a CFE electicity account, signing up for internet service, or making appointments at government offices that have nothing to do with taxation.  Today all Mexican citizens older than 18 years old must have an RFC.  Since the RFC number is being used so widely, it's best for all foreign residents to have one too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, JJR said:

The question is, is it a requirement for permanentes for no other reason that they are permanentes

Yes if you ever want to do things like buy or sell a vehicle (was not so before), receive interbank transfers Mexican bank to Mexican bank , and a host of other new things.  What's worse is up to about Feb this year you could do it on line. Not now. Hard-to-get  appt. with bum in seat in Guad.

Just found out ( am I the last to know?) there is another option to attend SAT for getting RFC.  Apparently you can opt for that location on making appt. on line. It will ask location you want..... and ADSC Jalisco 2 is a heck of a lot closer to us than the main office. In in Abastos in the 5-storey office building  inside the little privada at about Calle 7 (between 2 bank buildings) on east side.  Easier parking too!

38 minutes ago, bmh said:

You can register on line so you do not have to go..Get a kid who is computer savy to help.

Permanent have to get one as well.

You can only register online for an appointment.  RFC numbers are only given in person.

sorry there are 2 different things one is the RFC

I have had a RFC for 20 years so I do not know what they do now

the second is ¨´the constancia de situación fiscal that we need to have or at least I need to have to get my husband share of the house and that you can get on line. Not easy the notario told me  you can get it on line.

I have had an RFC for years. However it was last updated 2018 and is a 2 page document with no password or clave#. Now RFC must be a 3 page document and have a password and clave #. Only can be done at SAT in Guadalajara so I will need to  do that before July 1 as the one I have now will not be accepted after July 1. 

Mine was issued 2018 BUT lacks info like email,  AND needs address update.  Tried to get appt WITH number. Site agreed.... you have one. Go to Step 2.  But since it doesn't have my email in the system (step 2) , it won't let me proceed. 

Then tried for "normal" appt.  Site says "you already have RFC".  Now between rock and hard place because no idea how to get past this logjam in order to get the into they require into their hands.  Suggestions?      (on line chat was 200 person wait..... I don't think so 🤐)                        

17 hours ago, JJR said:

One way to get the email recorded is to first get a contraseña by going to satid.sat.gob.mx

Went in. Started the process.  All good.  Then came to ID section (INE or PP). But HOW do I get photo   in there? And then,  what's this about a video????  Maybe I'm too dumb to do this........but IF figured out, might help with hubbie's  e.firma that doesn't work either (Mar 2022)... says invalid key

I used the photo on my INE. I guess you could also use one from a visa. Save a pdf scan of your INE in the documents or file app of you phone or computer. Then after checking INE as the source for your photo,  press continue. The SAT program will then give you a choice of locations on your phone/computer. Call up the photo from there. 

As for the video, you will be given Spanish dialogue to read during the video. Write the dialogue down in advance of doing the video. Practice it a little, then record the video. 

The whole process is very nerve-racking, including identifying the captcha correctly. 

But it works 

5 hours ago, JJR said:

I used the photo on my INE.. Save a pdf scan of your INE in the documents or file app of you phone or computer. Then after checking INE as the source for your photo,  press continue. The SAT program will then give you a choice of locations on your phone/computer. Call up the photo from there. 

OK, I can do that.

5 hours ago, JJR said:

As the last step you will need to provide a signature. So use a computer/ phone that allows writing on the screen

Uh-oh  foiled again don't have one of those either way

4 hours ago, JJR said:

As for the video, you will be given Spanish dialogue to read during the video. Write the dialogue down in advance of doing the video. Practice it a little, then record the video. 
The whole process is very nerve-racking, including identifying the captcha correctly.

And even if I COULD do a firma no way to record the video  tho' the speaking part is simple.  Captcha yes.  The rest..... I'm toast.🤐

Will take mittful of stuff, go to SAT office in Abastos, play the dumb little old lady card (I qualify for the old, not really so much the dumb 🤔) and do my best to beg for their help.

• Like 1