Chapala.com Webboard

RFC Number

17 minutes ago, Mexicoafterlife said:

Yeah I'm hearing it's a 6 month to a year wait. Or did I hear wrong?

You heard wrong. There is no timeline. The SAT offices don't open their appointment booking calendars 6 months to a year ahead, only 2 weeks ahead, at least in my area office, so there is no way to book way ahead, and therefore no way to assess when one might be able to attend their offices.

"I heard" among ex-pats means nothing, it's usually baseless chatter, totally confused, or outright incorrect.

7 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

You heard wrong. There is no timeline. The SAT offices don't open their appointment booking calendars 6 months to a year ahead, only 2 weeks ahead, at least in my area office, so there is no way to book way ahead, and therefore no way to assess when one might be able to attend their offices.

"I heard" among ex-pats means nothing, it's usually baseless chatter, totally confused, or outright incorrect.

Thanks. Going to have to get one for me and the wife. 

So I follow carefully the instructions that are very good until the part where I have to read the sentence without glasses?? What s the F..? Why do they think I have glasses for if it is not to read??  So .. without the glasses , I cannot read the sentence, I am that blind.. so the next step is???

Interesting how the nerds making up these programs are not particularly practical...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bmh said:

yes but it is irrelevant I cannot read without glasses.

Are you supposed to read it out loud with your microphone turned on? If not, just move your eyes across the page as if you were reading. It doesn't matter if you can actually see it, if they are just trying to get a scan of your iris.

You'd need a device like this for a biometric iris or retina scan normally placed just a few inches from your eye. A laptop or iPad camera shot taken 2 or more feet away probably won't even reveal your eye color. The whole exercise seems a bit silly since there's no control or continuity with the video and audio process. Anyone with a newer iPhone knows the gyrations needed to set up facial rec. I too recorded the video with reading glasses not being able to read the sentence without them.

This retina scanner tracks terrorists anywhere in the world - Americas ...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bmh said:

another hurdle is the  non robot proof, how do you distinguish the caps from the non caps?

Maybe you need stronger glasses? 🙂

Sorry, couldn't resist. Yes, sometimes those "not a robot" letters are hard to make out. But most capital letters are obviously different from small letters.

I haven't checked out this particular page, but I've had to sign in to SAT a hundred times- if you get it wrong, they just give you a fresh page with a new combination of letters and/or numbers, which hopefully will be easier to distinguish.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 2:35 PM, mudgirl said:

Very clear and  informative video, aside from his advice to just pop into a SAT office. You can't get an appointment these days.

You have to wonder how corect his information is.

On 5/18/2022 at 7:58 PM, mudgirl said:

I already told you that. But some generic number they assign will not read like what I stated. How many times do you need to be told that?

I have had an RFC nuumber for 16 years- I run a business and pay taxes. There is nothing for me to "get"- I don't use facilitators, I know how this stuff works.

Before I had an RFC, yes my bank assigned a generic number that looks nothing like an a real RFC- it doesn't have your initials or birthdate. When I got an RFC, I gave it to my bank and they changed the generic one to my real one.

I have had an RFC number for 12 years.

FWIW, I went through the video and sentence with glasses a couple of days ago attempting to change the password. I received a text today the request was approved. I was allowed to change the password but I still get the same error as before when trying to log in. Invalid RFC or password.

The password is good so they must be objecting to the RFC although the associated information is accessible via the QR code. My next guess is that the account is invalid because whoever at SAT created it 10 years ago neglected to input the CURP. What I get from the QR code will have to suffice for a constancia if one is ever needed.

6 hours ago, ibarra said:

Good for you.  Now you need the Constancia document to be able to use your RFC number.

I really don't need to use my RFC number

3 minutes ago, Mexicoafterlife said:

Well not sure how long they have been using the rules I entered on but full time can't have a job or make any money down here. So not alot to use a rfc on.

CFE,  Telmex,  Telcel, insurance companies,  banks and car purchase/sales/registration,  to name a few. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mexicoafterlife said:

I have telcel, we both have bank accounts at different banks, and auto insurance. Not one has sent me anything about needing a rfc.  Now I will be in contact with my lawyer to point me in the best direction to help me get this done right.

Why bother spending time/money with abogado when you have those things no problema. Relax.