Chapala.com Webboard

If this guy doesn't know who does?

4 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Just seems like if you are going to rant about vaccines, you might want to learn how to spell the word correctly. It's hard to give credence to people's point of view when they appear to be poorly educated.

If spelling is that important to you so be it.  I always put more into the issues/fixing problems then the constant checking on my spelling esp on a phone keyboard.

It's your right but the ideas still get thru and no one has been able to give any real argument or facts against what I say. Just mostly insults.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Just seems like if you are going to rant about vaccines, you might want to learn how to spell the word correctly. It's hard to give credence to people's point of view when they appear to be poorly educated.

Poor spelling does not equal lack of education nor is it a measure of IQ. It just means the person is poor at spelling, period.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This link is about the Smallpox "Vaccine"... The Smallpox Vaccine - What You Need to Know (ny.gov) Reading it is remarkably similar to reading about the Covid Vaccine. Anyone want to take their chances without protecting themselves? The meme below is a more visual interpretation of how a vaccine can help. And, in case you think the photo is fake, read this... Does This Show Two Boys — One Vaccinated, One Not — Exposed to Smallpox? (snopes.com)

image.thumb.jpeg.308cce54cca0b6f39c2a17e3280bffb4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mexicoafterlife said:

I served my country as did my wife during a time of war someone had too.  And then to help protect the citizens from very dangerous and evil people.  So if you say sheep it's your opinion. But from what I have seem you spent your whole life not doing anything for the country you prospered from.

You love stroking your own ego.

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Jreboll said:

You love stroking your own ego.

Stating facts.  We did what we did than I did more.  I didn't even talk about my last 25 years running high speed data and operation for phone companies because that was more for me money wise than the country.

48 minutes ago, Ferret said:

This link is about the Smallpox "Vaccine"... The Smallpox Vaccine - What You Need to Know (ny.gov) Reading it is remarkably similar to reading about the Covid Vaccine. Anyone want to take their chances without protecting themselves? The meme below is a more visual interpretation of how a vaccine can help. And, in case you think the photo is fake, read this... Does This Show Two Boys — One Vaccinated, One Not — Exposed to Smallpox? (snopes.com)

image.thumb.jpeg.308cce54cca0b6f39c2a17e3280bffb4.jpeg

Umm the small pox vaccine worked as a vaccine it protected you from getting small pox. The covid does not protect you from getting covid.  It is a therapeutic since it supposedly helps with not getting as sick when you get it.

• Like 2

It's called a false comparison fallacy.  :D 

From the CDC

Historically, the vaccine has been effective in preventing smallpox infection in 95% of those vaccinated. In addition, the vaccine was proven to prevent or substantially lessen infection when given within a few days after a person was exposed to the variola virus.

Routine smallpox vaccination among the American public stopped in 1972 after the disease was eradicated in the United States.

I trust it is not necessary for me to post the definition of "preventing."

How's that eradication going with these jabs, eh?  :D 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mexicoafterlife said:

Umm the small pox vaccine worked as a vaccine it protected you from getting small pox. 

Yet another anti-vaxer who seems to have a great deal of trouble with reading comprehension, so intent they are in their unwavering adherence to their unsupported opinions.

The smallpox vaccine did not prevent people from contracting the disease- that was the entire point of ferret's post. It meant that if they did contract it, they did not get nearly as sick as those who were unvaccinated. Just like the Covid vaccines.

But kudos for learning the correct spelling of vaccine.

1 minute ago, mudgirl said:

Yet another anti-vaxer who seems to have a great deal of trouble with reading comprehension, so intent they are in their unwavering adherence to their unsupported opinions.

The smallpox vaccine did not prevent people from contracting the disease- that was the entire pount of ferret's post. It meant that if they did contract it, they did not get nearly as sick as those who were unvaccinated. Just like the Covid vaccines.

It stomped out the small pox thus eradicating it.  All the covid Vax is doing is making new strains be more verolent.  So it is no where near the same.

Ok 5 million people per year died of small pox before the vaccine.

2 billion people on the planet 1900 ad

7.2 billion now.

3.5 x 5 million = 17.5 million

3 million is the highest yearly estimate of covid deaths.

So about 5.5x as many people died of small pox so covid has shown to be much less dangerous than small pox.

This all goes by looking at populations then and now to compare correctly.

But I used the 3 million number and that is wring per our cdc which stated the 1 million total (not yearly) death rate was wrong because only 100k died of civid while 900k died while having covid(ie in a car accident and covid was not a factor on the death)

So comparing small pox and its high death toll and also its vaccines ability to be called a vaccine and not a therapeutic makes comparisons nit accurate at all.

1 hour ago, Mexicoafterlife said:

Lol didn't know baby boomers had so many spelling nazis.  But if that is all you can find then I did good because you couldn't make a good argument for or against.

I guess the point is that (and I would quote this but the OP pulled the thread) you introduced yourself by telling us how you got paid a lot of money to do some "good thinking" and you liked to research things and proceeded to tell us what was what about  covid vaccines and we thought you were some kind of unquestionable expert, but when we saw you couldn't spell we took as a sign that you were fallible like the rest of us and we could relax a little.

You quoted, I believe OED's, definition of a vaccine, reliable source. Interestingly, the CDC recently revised their definition of a vaccine  from promoting immunity to protection. Some would claim convenience on their part, and that could very well be. I think most people familiar with the subject would say a vaccine stimulates antibodies. If you want to use the term therapeutic, fine. Without getting into incoherent conspiracy ramblings, I would say that it is worth it to try something. I would propose that the real concern is that the antibodies produced by the disease itself seem to provide weak or short lasting immunity. I'm not sure if artificially induced antibodies can be expected to do better.

Maybe there will never be useful immunity. Maybe the best hope is the diseased mutates into something harmless to its host.

39 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

How's that eradication going with these jabs, eh?  :D 

Boy you are hung up on some weird-### shit. Who has jabs, who doesn't, haha the disease isn't eradicated.

Couple a things:

Bias isn't the same as lying.

Citing ex employees/co-founders with possible conflicts or grudges is usually unreliable.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, econ man said:

I guess the point is that (and I would quote this but the OP pulled the thread) you introduced yourself by telling us how you got paid a lot of money to do some "good thinking" and you liked to research things and proceeded to tell us what was what about  covid vaccines and we thought you were some kind of unquestionable expert, but when we saw you couldn't spell we took as a sign that you were fallible like the rest of us and we could relax a little.

You quoted, I believe OED's, definition of a vaccine, reliable source. Interestingly, the CDC recently revised their definition of a vaccine  from promoting immunity to protection. Some would claim convenience on their part, and that could very well be. I think most people familiar with the subject would say a vaccine stimulates antibodies. If you want to use the term therapeutic, fine. Without getting into incoherent conspiracy ramblings, I would say that it is worth it to try something. I would propose that the real concern is that the antibodies produced by the disease itself seem to provide weak or short lasting immunity. I'm not sure if artificially induced antibodies can be expected to do better.

Maybe there will never be useful immunity. Maybe the best hope is the diseased mutates into something harmless to its host.

So when a vaccine doesn't work they just change the meaning of the word? Wow ok no one else thinks that is just not doing the population justice.  Just say sorry it wasn't a vaccine but a therapeutic. But then they lose the you must follow what I say because it's a vaccine.

See govt making the water murky so they don't have to admit to mistakes.  And that never will solve a serious issue.  I spent the last half of my life fixing major problems. I got so good companies would send recruiters out to get me to work for them. If I did what the govt did here I never would have been wanted to fix problems because I wouldn't be good at doing it.

Yep it was very convenient after close to, what, 70 years or so, to change the definition of a vaccine.  Very convenient.

If one were a skeptic and paying a lot of attention to the data coming in from around the world one might get very skeptical of the latest CDC claims the stuff lessens the disease.  That would require studies that have not yet been done.

Your last sentence is how it works in nature.  And how it worked with this one and how it would have worked anyway without all this failed floundering around.  Maybe if the focus had been more on treatment not only would fewer people be dead but it would have run its course much sooner with a whole lot less economic and social damage.

We'll never know.

Let's just hope the indications of immunity damage will be sufficiently limited such that it or something else won't come roaring back this fall and winter and a bunch of people die or get very sick precisely because they took these vaccines.  Looking around at these massive outbreaks in highly vaccinated mask compliant populations isn't making me feel very confident that won't happen.

Nobody wants that, believe me.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Yep it was very convenient after close to, what, 70 years or so, to change the definition of a vaccine.  Very convenient.

If one were a skeptic and paying a lot of attention to the data coming in from around the world one might get very skeptical of the latest CDC claims the stuff lessens the disease.  That would require studies that have not yet been done.

Your last sentence is how it works in nature.  And how it worked with this one and how it would have worked anyway without all this failed floundering around.  Maybe if the focus had been more on treatment not only would fewer people be dead but it would have run its course much sooner with a whole lot less economic and social damage.

We'll never know.

Let's just hope the indications of immunity damage will be sufficiently limited such that it or something else won't come roaring back this fall and winter and a bunch of people die or get very sick precisely because they took these vaccines.  Looking around at these massive outbreaks in highly vaccinated mask compliant populations isn't making me feel very confident that won't happen.

Nobody wants that, believe me.

China the most locked down country in the world and they can't get it under control 

2 hours ago, Mexicoafterlife said:

death rate was wrong because only 100k died of civid while 900k died while having covid(ie in a car accident and covid was not a factor on the death)

What total BS. No doctor or hospital registered a death as Covid when someone died in a car accident. You are getting so absurd with your lies.

That isn't what comorbidity means. It means a patient had a condition or disease that made them more susceptible and less able to fight off the virus. Obesity, diabetes, cancer, heart disease, lung issues, not friggin' car accidents.

And the majority of those people may have gone on to live another 20, 30, 40 years, had they not contracted Covid. So yes, they died of Covid, they were just too weak or compromised to fight it off.

It's like saying that if you get hit by a drunk driver while crossing the street, but happen to have a liimp and can't run fast, you died because of your bum leg, not getting hit by the car, because you couldn't run out of the way fast enough. Ridiculous.

• Thanks 3

Just now, mudgirl said:

What total BS. No doctor or hospital registered a death as Covid when someone died in a car accident. You are getting so absurd with your lies.

That isn't what comorbidity means. It means a patient had a condition or disease that made them more susceptible and less able to fight off the virus. Obesity, diabetes, cancer, heart disease, lung issues, not friggin' car accidents.

And the majority of those people may have gone on to live another 20, 30, 40 years, had they not contracted Covid. So yes, they died of Covid, they were just too weak or compromised to fight it off.

It's like saying that if you get hit by a drunk driver while crossing the street, but happen to have a liimp and can't run fast, you died because of your bum leg, not getting hit by the car, because you couldn't run out of the way fast enough. Ridiculous.

It is what the cdc said not me.

2 minutes ago, Mexicoafterlife said:

You all need to get outside your bubble and read. I read news from all sites from all sides so I can critical think thru things but that is a dieing way of thinking now.

One would think with all the reading you do that you would be able to write one sentence without 3 spelling errors. Not big words you have trouble with, either. 

I think it has been a remarkable feat to even have developed a vaccine so quickly. Kudos to the worldwide cooperation of many, many scientists. Perfection is a process. To do nothing is a disaster. There will never be a way to quantitate the number of lives saved by the Covid Vaccine. Nor will there ever be a way to truly quantitate the number of deaths worldwide either.

How long do vaccines last? The surprising answers may help protect people longer | Science | AAAS

• Like 2

We know someone here lakeside that died in a motorcycle accident during the last 2q years.  They tested him for Covid just before he died from injuries sustained in the accident.  His death certificate hAs cause of death as Covid.   I've seen that certificate,  others have seen it and the doctor involved refuses to change it even though it is as lie. He died "with " Covid,  not from Covid.  This can't be as unique case.

Just now, mudgirl said:

One would think with all the reading you do that you would be able to write one sentence without 3 spelling errors. Not big words you have trouble with, either. 

That's right. Pick on the person. Always have the last word.  Can't reply using reason or logic so pick on the poster.  Reminds me of playground antics when we were kids.  Or, hey,  actually it is classic bullying.   

5 minutes ago, ibarra said:

We know someone here lakeside that died in a motorcycle accident during the last 2q years.  They tested him for Covid just before he died from injuries sustained in the accident.  His death certificate hAs cause of death as Covid.   I've seen that certificate,  others have seen it and the doctor involved refuses to change it even though it is as lie. He died "with " Covid,  not from Covid.  This can't be as unique case.

This has happened all over the world. And the cdc admits it now.

7 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Look attack all you want. I had a very successful career across 2 totally different area of expertise.

And I have met my share of spelling nazis who work 2 or 3 levels below me....really got them far. Tons of spelling nazis around...very few get it done types around. Companies look for the get it done types. They have all the spelling nazis they can handle.