Chapala.com Webboard

Woohoo! Big wind, hard rain and COOL!

Still out in Las Salvias too.

The UPS is keeping the internet up but the one for the TV crapped out after 20 minutes. Time for another battery.

CFE seems to have some major issues heading into the rainy season. 

Just received this from Telmex. Thanks a lot

Hola, tu servicio TELMEX xxxxxxx esta en una zona afectada por un corte de electricidad. Estamos trabajando para restablecerlo. Gracias por tu comprension

Ian, tonight was not a minor shower. It was a rain storm and a wind storm combined. Enough to knock out many power grids. It's not just here that the power grid has problems. Also in Texas... Texans asked to turn up thermostats after sweltering heat knocks six power plants offline (msn.com) The advantage of living here is that you can get by without air conditioning or heat. A tinaco solves the problem of having to rely on electricity for a pump. Here no electricity is an inconvenience not a disaster.

• Like 5

A power pole fell across the Guad/Chapala carretera near the Sane hot sauce plant. Traffic into Chapala had to be re-routed until CFE made the repair. CH, Brisas, and pretty much all of Chapala was affected.

The first "gusts" sounded like a tornado, so it's no surprise that trees and power poles fell.

3 hours ago, sm1mex said:

Anybody measure how much rain?  I’m putting my rain gauge out today. 

I will put my rain guage out soon. Much cooler but only partial power for about 10 hours.