Chapala.com Webboard

Acupuncture?

I thought that there was a post on this just a few days ago but cannot find it. Years ago I had a completely botched hip replacement here that thankfully was "reconstructed" by VA Healthcare in Phoenix, USA. It will never be the same but still doing my daily half hour walk along the malecon here in SAT. Recently there has been a lot of pain in the calf area of the same lower leg that seems to radiate from the hip area. Tried an electric air compression leg massager as well as hand massage in the area with little or no relief. Would like to try acupuncture and looking for some feedback on this procedure as well as references. Gracias     

If the pain is radiating down the leg, that can be indicative of an issue with the L4-5, S1 lumbar area. There are a couple of tests you can do at home, need another person w/you, to determine if it's a spinal issue.

Normally, there is no impingement or other issues of the hop that will cause problems with a nerve.

12 minutes ago, Nikalos Telsa said:

If the pain is radiating down the leg, that can be indicative of an issue with the L4-5, S1 lumbar area. There are a couple of tests you can do at home, need another person w/you, to determine if it's a spinal issue.

Normally, there is no impingement or other issues of the hop that will cause problems with a nerve.

Was having  charley horse cramps in my calf then drop foot.  Dr. Gonzales at HSAT got me an MRI to take to his son Dr. Ross. My spine looks like a train wreck but this time it was a bulging disk pressing against the nerve leading to the back of the calf and foot at L3 - 4.  I developed an exercise  to get rid of the drop foot and the disc stopped pressing on the nerve so much as well without treatment so now I am back to what I call my normal pain. I have DDD[almost nothing left] and bone spurs affecting L5-S1