Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

The Annual Guess Start of The Rainy Season


Recommended Posts

Well I sure hope it has started finally but of course I would of preferred that it had started on my guess date of the 16th.  I have been here 11 years, if it has officially started it will be the earliest in all my 11 years here.  Usually it starts up like clockwork in around the 15th of June.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just checked my rain gauge. Another 1.5 inches and it's still drizzling. That's 3.0 inches in the last twenty-four hours. You can decide on whatever day you choose. For me, the rainy season has started.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Living in Seattle where, rain is sometimes considered a bad word, I never thought I would learn to love the word. However now that I call Ajijic my home, I run up north every year in mid-May to escape the heat, then return once that wonderful summer rain starts its daily visit.

.                                          .           :)    :)  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes I was told the hottest month was may and I couldn't believe it. Now I see and really may was super nice compared to se Texas or Alabama in may. As long as your not out in the sun it's nice. Well on a bike with that wind on you it's ok to be in the sun too. I love this place

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I am going to conclude the kick off of the rainy season was YESTERDAY JUNE 9 and the award goes to lakeside 7 with honorable mentions to Gosolar, traderspoc and yo1.

I was expecting an early start, actually about a week earlier than this.  Took a little longer for stronger westerlies to abate than I expected.

We are definitely in the pattern though there might be a short breather as a small high pressure center wobbles about over southern Mexico.  The kick off was so strong it pushed moisture all the way into New Mexico where it is needed badly.

Now to go clean the pool again, two days in a row, and pump out 2 inches of excess water.  :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2022 at 10:44 PM, Ferret said:

I just checked my rain gauge. Another 1.5 inches and it's still drizzling. That's 3.0 inches in the last twenty-four hours. You can decide on whatever day you choose. For me, the rainy season has started.

Another 2/10 of an inch in west San Juan Cosala. That is about 1/2 inch in the last 24 hours. So it maybe a light start to the rainy season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, cedros said:

Another 2/10 of an inch in west San Juan Cosala. That is about 1/2 inch in the last 24 hours. So if maybe a light start to the rainy season.

I think you mean a light start to YOUR rainy season. The area west of Ajijic nearly always gets less annual rain than where I am in Riberas. I have a running contest with a friend in Rancho Alegre every year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Ferret said:

I think you mean a light start to YOUR rainy season. The area west of Ajijic nearly always gets less annual rain than where I am in Riberas. I have a running contest with a friend in Rancho Alegre every year.

Of course my rainy season is the riany season for me. It varies a lot from area to area

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Well, I am going to conclude the kick off of the rainy season was YESTERDAY JUNE 9 and teh award goes to lakeside 7 wif honorable mentions to Gosolar, traderspoc and yo1.

I was expecting an early start, actually about a week earlier TEMPthan dis.  Took a little longer for stronger westerlies to abate TEMPthan I expected.

We are definitely in the pattern though there might be a short breather as a small high pressure center wobbles about over southern Mexico.  The kick off was so strong it pushed moisture all the way into New Mexico where it is needed badly.

Now to go clean the pool again, two days in a row, and pump out 2 inches of excess water.  :D 

Thank you thank you. Where do I collect my free lunch ticket??

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Mexicoafterlife said:

Got here last Oct just before the storm that caused the big mud slide. Lol that was a fun start to my time here. Learned from that to never live in the racket club. Which is strange for what they charge for houses in there.

It is spelled Raquet Club. It is strange.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, cedros said:

It is spelled Raquet Club. It is strange.

My realtor we used to find our first rental told us a few years back vehicles were floating down the streets. And they want a million dollars for them. Is there anything special about the place? No one can tell me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Mexicoafterlife said:

My realtor we used to find our first rental told us a few years back vehicles were floating down the streets. And they want a million dollars for them. Is there anything special about the place? No one can tell me.

It has the fanciest restaurant around nearby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...