Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

municipio publico


Recommended Posts

It refers to the municipal government.   Or the local governing body such as the municipality of ZChapala, or Jocotepec

From Mexican law dictionary  rough translation

A technical-administrative definition of the municipality says that it is a minor public entity of a territorial nature and corporate base. But the municipality is a social concept , a coexistence of people, particularly families, settled in the same territory to, with full awareness of their unity , carry out the goals of life in common. Ultimately , according to García Oviedo, it is the spirit of human sociability and the limitations of our faculties that are imposed by the existence of the municipality.

And finally, the municipality is also a political concept; can be defined, as established in article 11 of Law 7/85; "It is the basic local entity of the territorial organization of the State."
 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you. I know where it is , I'm just not sure of their responsibilities or legal standing . I used him many years ago when my house was robbed . I spent two hours , took an interpreter and gave them a lot of info , we were pretty sure who did it. .Nothing was ever investigated.Now I want to try and recover a lot of money a lawyer took from me and never did the job .There is no bar assn. here and other lawyers are reluctant to go after another lawyer even tho they are aware of this lawyers bad history . I am not one to take getting screw easily . Just trying to see what my options are .1. want to get my money back.2.cause this lawyer the same grief I have had .3.stop this from happening to others .Any help would be appreciated .As you can imagine this is sensitive area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is now called the Fiscalia they are on the boulevard by the Cristina Park.  It is the equivalent of the District attorney s office and they are the one who investigate and charge crimes.

You need to have lots of proofs in writing and then denounce your lawyer and chances are that nothing will b done.  This said go and denounce the lawyer and see what happens but do not put good money after bad money . Drop subjet if nothing is done. Just my advice...

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMO going back to Ministerio won't do a thing. Your only hope is to get another lawyer after him. But bmh is right.......   best to lick your wounds, close that door, and move on.  Legal system here is NOT what you know if you didn't grow up within it and you'll spin your wheels for YEARS.......

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Senoir D said:

Thank you. I know where it is , I'm just not sure of their responsibilities or legal standing . I used him many years ago when my house was robbed . I spent two hours , took an interpreter and gave them a lot of info , we were pretty sure who did it. .Nothing was ever investigated.Now I want to try and recover a lot of money a lawyer took from me and never did the job .There is no bar assn. here and other lawyers are reluctant to go after another lawyer even tho they are aware of this lawyers bad history . I am not one to take getting screw easily . Just trying to see what my options are .1. want to get my money back.2.cause this lawyer the same grief I have had .3.stop this from happening to others .Any help would be appreciated .As you can imagine this is sensitive area.

For starters,it's not a criminal offense. The civil suite would just be throwing money out the widow and you will have lost more. Move on.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/4/2022 at 3:59 PM, Senoir D said:

Thank you. I know where it is , I'm just not sure of their responsibilities or legal standing . I used him many years ago when my house was robbed . I spent two hours , took an interpreter and gave them a lot of info , we were pretty sure who did it. .Nothing was ever investigated.Now I want to try and recover a lot of money a lawyer took from me and never did the job .There is no bar assn. here and other lawyers are reluctant to go after another lawyer even tho they are aware of this lawyers bad history . I am not one to take getting screw easily . Just trying to see what my options are .1. want to get my money back.2.cause this lawyer the same grief I have had .3.stop this from happening to others .Any help would be appreciated .As you can imagine this is sensitive area.

Would this be a female "lawyer"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is why I hesitate to ask for help on this board .I get a lot of answers from people with opinions , not fact . I will not name the lawyer , I know how things work in Mexico after 12 years. I have new lawyers and am working hard with to see what can be done . This can be a criminal offense if determined it was fraud/ theft by deception .I wanted info on ways to stop this lawyer from doing this to others , I will handle my problems legally I was trying to get info here that might help others .We have already uncovered several law suits that have been settled .By the way , 49k U.S. is a wound that can't be soothed by licking.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Careful there, Oatsie...... naming names in this case could cause Senoir D a world of hurt.

That's why I asked for the gender.... Not a name.  If it's who I think, I'd PM the OP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really tried to not respond to your post but I can't let it go . Do you actually read the post before giving your OPINIONS ? I will admit some of your responses seem to have merit but some not so much .You do seem to have an OPINION on nearly everything and there is nothing wrong with that except when people are asking for facts . I am fighting my own battles at my own expense and all I ask for was factual information to help me .Your OPINIONS are not helpful . If you want to start your own topic to give your OPINION on certain subjects that is your right but please keep them to yourself on mine , I'm trying to accomplish something that is important to me . You stated my problem was civil , not criminal . Wrong . You and others tell me to give up the fight and move on .Not your decision . If we all did that then bad doctors , lawyers and shop keepers would continue to take advantage of not only the expats but the Mexicans as well . If we don't stand up for what we believe in then we all lose. Novel concept .

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Senoir D said:

I really tried to not respond to your post but I can't let it go . Do you actually read the post before giving your OPINIONS ? I will admit some of your responses seem to have merit but some not so much .You do seem to have an OPINION on nearly everything and there is nothing wrong with that except when people are asking for facts . I am fighting my own battles at my own expense and all I ask for was factual information to help me .Your OPINIONS are not helpful . If you want to start your own topic to give your OPINION on certain subjects that is your right but please keep them to yourself on mine , I'm trying to accomplish something that is important to me . You stated my problem was civil , not criminal . Wrong . You and others tell me to give up the fight and move on .Not your decision . If we all did that then bad doctors , lawyers and shop keepers would continue to take advantage of not only the expats but the Mexicans as well . If we don't stand up for what we believe in then we all lose. Novel concept .

Yes I read your OP. You don't like what you call my opinion but I call advice, which is roughly the same as some other astute posters on this issue. Hopefully others seeing this will not follow your footsteps,wasting their money in flogging dead horses and tilting at windmills

don_quixote.gif

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did not ask for your opinion or advise .I ask for facts . I could care less if anyone else follows my footsteps , my goal is to keep them from going thru what I am going thru if I can help it . What's your goal ? Stick to your knittin .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Senoir D said:

I did not ask for your opinion or advise .I ask for facts . I could care less if anyone else follows my footsteps , my goal is to keep them from going thru what I am going thru if I can help it . What's your goal ? Stick to your knittin .

My advice is based on fact whether you like it or not.The court system here until very recently was based on Napoleonic law . The new system allows for verbal presentation as well as written affidavits similar to what we are used to in common law[in a case like this in Canada,USA and UK] in the courtroom.How many Mexican lawyers do you think have retrained to operate in an entirely different legal system? In any event[fine legal jargon just for you,heretofore] I am friends with the Mexican lawyer and law professor who was sent by the Mexican federal gummint to  the US,Canada and New Zealand to study and do written reports on their legal systems as part of the change procedure.  As to my knitting. I run circles around persons like you, senor know it all, with my skills. In any event, I, handling my own litigation and drafting of affidavits in the Court of Queens Bench, have been known to mop the floor with [ahem] several learned counsel over a period of 9+ years.-put that in yer pipe and smoke it!

12.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...