Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

US Advisory for Travel To Mexico


Recommended Posts

 
To:
  • ACS_MEXICO@CALIST.STATE.GOV
 
 
See state summaries and advisory levels below for information on your specific travel destination. Some areas of Mexico have increased risk of crime and kidnapping.

 

Country Summary: Violent crime such as homicide, kidnapping, carjacking, and robbery is widespread and common in Mexico. The U.S. government has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in many areas of Mexico, as travel by U.S. government employees to certain areas is prohibited or restricted.  In many states, local emergency services are limited outside the state capital or major cities.

Restrictions on U.S. government travel: U.S. government employees may not travel between cities after dark, may not hail taxis on the street, and must rely on dispatched vehicles, including app-based services like Uber, and regulated taxi stands. U.S. government employees may not drive from the U.S.-Mexico border to or from the interior parts of Mexico, with the exception of daytime travel within Baja California and between Nogales and Hermosillo on Mexican Federal Highway 15D, and between Nuevo Laredo and Monterrey on Highway 85D. U.S. government employees should avoid traveling alone, especially in remote areas.

Read the country information page for additional information on travel to Mexico.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has determined Mexico has a moderate level of COVID-19.  Visit the CDC page for the latest Travel Health Information related to your travel. 

Do Not Travel To:

  • Colima state due to crime and kidnapping.
  • Guerrero state due to crime and kidnapping.
  • Michoacan state due to crime and kidnapping.
  • Sinaloa state due to crime and kidnapping
  • Tamaulipas state due to crime and kidnapping.

Reconsider Travel To:

  • Baja California state due to crime and kidnapping.
  • Chihuahua state due to crime and kidnapping.
  • Coahuila state due to crime and kidnapping.
  • Durango state due to crime.
  • Guanajuato state due to crime.
  • Jalisco state due to crime and kidnapping.
  • Mexico state due to crime and kidnapping.
  • Morelos state due to crime and kidnapping.
  • Nayarit state due to crime.
  • Sonora state due to crime and kidnapping.
  • Zacatecas state due to crime and kidnapping.
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, gringal said:

HOWEVER...the U.S. appears to be having problems of its own in terms of increased crime.

Give it a rest. This is the one about Mexico. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jim Bowie said:

Give it a rest, this is about Mexico.

You miss the point. If other countries put out advisories about crime in the US like the US state dept. does, no one would ever entertain the thought of going there. 

Mexico has 32 states. That advisory list is falsely telling people that 50% of Mexico, 16 entire states, are unsafe for travel, which is absurd.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reality check- there have been 204 mass shooting incidents in the US so far in 2020 (and we aren't even halfway through the year), spanning 32 states. While some were targeted shootings, where innocent bystanders got shot, many were simply mass shootings committed by mentally deranged individuals. At least in Mexico, we don't have nutcases with guns opening fire in a Walmart to kill random shoppers or kids showing up at school with an assault weapon massacring their classmates and teachers.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

Reality check- there have been 204 mass shooting incidents in the US so far in 2020 (and we aren't even halfway through the year), spanning 32 states. While some were targeted shootings, where innocent bystanders got shot, many were simply mass shootings committed by mentally deranged individuals. At least in viol, we don't have nutcases with guns opening fire in a Walmart to kill random shoppers or kids showing up at school with an assault weapon massacring their classmates and teachers.

No, we have the largest human trafficking in the world, shootout in Publico Magico Mazamitla with over 1,000 casings picked up, etc. Another shootout in Chapala yesterday.This is an FYI about crime so people can decide whether or not to travel to certain area. Mexico has put out a warning about going to Michoacan and have extra armed  security in Mazamitla, Tuxcueca and Tizapan among others. Much violence around just not publicized much.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, there is a lot of violence here in México but mostly in the border states and areas controlled by the cartels...however this is very much gang on gang violence. They are not coming after us expats living on SS and pensions. Yes, there could be a very, very small amount of "collateral damage", but by in large we are much safer than in many areas of the US that have devolved into high crime and gun zones taken over by everyday criminals. Even places such as Beverly Hills and upscale restaurants on Melrose Blvd. that I know very well from my LA days are targeted. Even previously safe tourist zones such as Times Square in NY are subjected to daylight muggings and robberies. Many US chain stores and pharmacies in inner cities are closing locations that are subject to daily shoplifting and gang takeover robberies...who is this hurting most!!! Every day I say "thank you God" for my choice to relocate here!!!    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, luvsdawgs said:

No, we have the largest human trafficking in the world, shootout in Publico Magico Mazamitla with over 1,000 casings picked up, etc. Another shootout in Chapala yesterday.This is an FYI about crime so people can decide whether or not to travel to certain area. Mexico has put out a warning about going to Michoacan and have extra armed  security in Mazamitla, Tuxcueca and Tizapan among others. Much violence around just not publicized much.

PLEEEEEEZE!!! How about the millions of Uyghurs in concentration camps in China, and all the political dissidents jailed in Russia, Iran and other  authoritarian countries around the world!!! Nothing close to what is happening here. Not perfect, neither is the US or Canada, but much better than most!!! Get your FACTS straight!!!

Also the current US border policy is giving the Mexican cartels free reign to smuggle hundreds of thousands of illegals (millions since you know who took over) plus all the drugs that are killing thousands and the cartels collect US$billions!!! What is wrong with this picture!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

PLEEEEEEZE!!! How about the millions of Uyghurs in concentration camps in China, and all the political dissidents jailed in Russia, Iran and other  authoritarian countries around the world!!! Nothing close to what is happening here. Not perfect, neither is the US or Canada, but much better than most!!! Get your FACTS straight!!!

The cartel loves to vacation in PV--Chopa came and got his arse  shot up--!---"LESSON TO BE LEARNED"--"big money" is in PV?--come to disturb that you will die--PV is a death trap--one road in and one road out-- Hwy. 200-  Back roads ? not ;  fly out; hardly; take a boat ? .We have the marines ; army; state police; federales; municipal police; transito; etc.- well we even had a helicopter flying overhead--real close to ground level-- -well you get the picture- ---criminals are not too smart---HA--Well the new generation cartel needs to mature--HA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bobby brown said:

The cartel loves to vacation in PV--Chopa came and got his arse  shot up--!---"LESSON TO BE LEARNED"--"big money" is in PV?--come to disturb that you will die--PV is a death trap--one road in and one road out-- Hwy. 200-  Back roads ? not ;  fly out; hardly; take a boat ? .We have the marines ; army; state police; federales; municipal police; transito; etc.- well we even had a helicopter flying overhead--real close to ground level-- -well you get the picture- ---criminals are not too smart---HA--Well the new generation cartel needs to mature--HA

no gringo-- you get your facts straight---HA;  we don't care about China; we care about Mexico ; please stay on topic where we have first hand information-- HA--I saw the news people and the police first hand in my neighbor hood--I felt completely safe--they were mopping up  . The PESO wins again !---HA--MY peso tax dollars at work--HA--!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, mudgirl said:

You miss the point. If other countries put out advisories about crime in the US like the US state dept. does, no one would ever entertain the thought of going there. 

Mexico has 32 states. That advisory list is falsely telling people that 50% of Mexico, 16 entire states, are unsafe for travel, which is absurd.

?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...