Chapala.com Webboard

Removing our request for a housesit

We are removing our request for a possible housesit in Lake Chapala.  We have never encountered such rude, ignorant, people in our lives.  That tells us all we need to know about the area.  PASS,  we will explore other countries and enjoy life a lot more.   We truly feel sorry for all you miserable people.  

Thank you to the people that responded in a positive manner .  To all others  You should all get together and form a MISERABLE PEOPLE"S CLUB, you deserve each other.

Ken and Patti 

Do not respond, we will not read any response from this website.  ENJOY

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Ken and Patti just disregard the few toxic people on this forum.  They always make the loudest noise.  In reality there are so many warm and friendly expats living here and not to forget the truly wonderful Mexican locals here.  Its honestly a beautiful area with so much to see and do here, that is why this area attracts so many expats.  But yet again due to Covid fears many of the elderly expats here just grumpily still hide out at home and easily become grumpy and nasty behind their computer screens.  They seriously need to start getting out more.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ken and Patti Bowers said:

We are removing our request for a possible housesit in Lake Chapala.  We have never encountered such rude, ignorant, people in our lives.  That tells us all we need to know about the area.  PASS,  we will explore other countries and enjoy life a lot more.   We truly feel sorry for all you miserable people.  

Thank you to the people that responded in a positive manner .  To all others  You should all get together and form a MISERABLE PEOPLE"S CLUB, you deserve each other.!

Ken and Patti 

Do not respond, we will not read any response from this website.  ENJOY

So glad to hear that you will be moving on to other areas. ENJOY

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Why don't YOU get on your mule and move to another area!!! So rude!!!

If you didn't get to read ALL of their posts in their THREE threads BEFORE they deleted and edited them to make themselves look good, you would realize that THEY were the first ones to be rude and it wasn't to me. And now I get it from you too. Get all the facts before you leap gringohombre.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Ferret said:

If you didn't get to read ALL of their posts in their THREE threads BEFORE they deleted and edited them to make themselves look good, you would realize that THEY were the first ones to be rude and it wasn't to me. And now I get it from you too. Get all the facts before you leap gringohombre.

gringohombre getting facts in most cases is an oxymoron.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Ferret said:

And you could have just ignored them or put them on block.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

And you could have just ignored them or put them on block.

You, as moderator, may think it's okay to be rude to other posters who are asking legitimate questions, I do not. I'm guessing that you saw none of what occurred in their first thread before they deleted it. Or did you delete it at their request?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

I would suggest that some of the posts here quite validate the OP.

When they first posted, they were asked some simple questions that most people would want to know about potential housesitters, such as if they spoke Spanish, or had done housesits in Mexico before. They responded arrogantly, as if how dare anyone question their ability to be anything other than stellar housesitters, able to handle any situation that might come up.

A person who really wanted to housesit and present themselves well would have answered along the lines of "We understand a little Spanish, and we have house sat in other Spanish speaking countries without difficulty" or "We have a smattering of Spanish. Do you think it necessary Lakeside to speak fluent Spanish in order to be able to handle anything that might come up? We were under the impression that English was widely spoken in the area, so hadn't considered that would be an issue."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, gringohombre said:

The oxymoron is that everyone on this board has everyone else’s interests here in their best interest. In many cases, not so!!!

I would also add that some here post long diatribes of basically BS and tripe that either do not address specifics or FACTS, just to boost thier own egos!!! Is that an oxymoron???

8 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

I would also add that some here post long diatribes of basically BS and tripe that either do not address specifics or FACTS, just to boost thier own egos!!! Is that an oxymoron???

nope, it is just an overlong rambling sentence

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

When they first posted, they were asked some simple questions that most people would want to know about potential housesitters, such as if they spoke Spanish, or had done housesits in Mexico before. They responded arrogantly, as if how dare anyone question their ability to be anything other than stellar housesitters, able to handle any situation that might come up.

A person who really wanted to housesit and present themselves well would have answered along the lines of "We understand a little Spanish, and we have house sat in other Spanish speaking countries without difficulty" or "We have a smattering of Spanish. Do you think it necessary Lakeside to speak fluent Spanish in order to be able to handle anything that might come up? We were under the impression that English was widely spoken in the area, so hadn't considered that would be an issue."

Same comment.  Use the ignore function.  If everyone agrees with the assessment, the post will drop off the first page quickly.

"Arrogantly" is a personal value judgment.  Also let's try and remember the other person has their own way of posting and writing.  It is not our job here to lecture people on how they should post.  We ask that people avoid getting personal, profane, religious or political.  Other than that, how they write is up to them.

Here's the difference:  when we argue/criticize/insult/whatever amongst ourselves, the vast majority of us don't take it personally but understand that it's the topic that is being attacked (usually). We don't write something hateful and then say "don't bother looking for me, after I've shit on you because you don't deserve me." Ummm...no. I've said it before and I'll say it again:  I often disagree with folks on this site, but I almost always enjoy reading the other "side" without wishing ill on the poster. Well, except for the cowards who write a nasty p.m. because they're too yellow to do anything face-to-face, but I digress ;) 

• Like 4