Chapala.com Webboard

Rabies shots available for cats and dogs

15 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Dog vaccinations are not at all expensive at the vet in Mexico. So while sure, it's great to have it given for free, no one should wait for a free clinic or door-to-door offering to protect their dog from rabies.

Are you just speaking for yourself or for all the Mexican dog owners who would like to know when and where the shots are being given. I am sure they can afford to pay have  transportation to a vet for the shots.

38 minutes ago, luvsdawgs said:

Are you just speaking for yourself or for all the Mexican dog owners who would like to know when and where the shots are being given. 

Did I say there is anything wrong with info being made readily available for free vaccinations?

Rabies is a horrible disease which will kill one's dog and possibly endander the lives of other animals and humans should a rabies-infected dog bite another dog or person. 

And why do gringoes put out the false notion that all the Mexicans can't afford to pay to vaccinate their dogs, or whatever? Or that all gringoes can? Some might find it too expensive, but by no means are all Mexicans destitute, nor all gringoes well-heeled.

16 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

They where in my neighborhood yesterday in Santa Maria and vaccinated at least 6 "street" dogs and some at home dogs (I suggested that they also vaccinate some of my neighbors 😊). 

When I lived in Colorado, a friend was bitten by a rabid bat while on a camping trip. He had to undergo the very painful shot treatments so I offered him one of our dogs old rabies tags to wear. He was not amused.

• Haha 1