Chapala.com Webboard

Ukranian Language

Zeb

Depending on your exact needs, the reasonably new "Say Hi" App from Amazon works to translate over 100 spoken languages.  Ukrainian is one of them.

I tried it with my maid  and at SuperLake and it works surprisingly well.  Click here for more information - Say Hi App...

My first language was Ukrainian but I haven’t spoken it daily for the last 50 years since after my mother died.  I also have some Russian having worked there in the 90’s with a linguistic professor from the Moscow State University as my tutor, but again, that was 30 year’s ago, so I am somewhat rusty.  What do you need a Ukrainian speaker for…..maybe I can help.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Oatsie said:

Depending on your exact needs, the reasonably new "Say Hi" App from Amazon works to translate over 100 spoken languages.  Ukrainian is one of them.

I tried it with my maid  and at SuperLake and it works surprisingly well.  Click here for more information - Say Hi App...

Yes. I have that as a last option.

19 minutes ago, murka said:

My first language was Ukrainian but I haven’t spoken it daily for the last 50 years since after my mother died.  I also have some Russian having worked there in the 90’s with a linguistic professor from the Moscow State University as my tutor, but again, that was 30 year’s ago, so I am somewhat rusty.  What do you need a Ukrainian speaker for…..maybe I can help.

There is a Ukrainian refugee here I am helping.  I thought it would be helpful to introduce her to someone who speaks her language. She has lost everything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

There's a place at the corner of Plaza Montana (NE, traffic light on Colon in Ajijic), that offers Russian-style food.  Maybe the owner/operator there is a possibility?   IT has a "take-out" window and when open also has 3 or 4 tables under a tent.

Yes  I know from.my godson that there is a Russian kid who plays chest i  the plaza in Ajijic He has Russian parents.. 

The mam who sold us the hpuse is married to a Russian  woman and her mother and aunt  used to live on ocampo A large property at the corner of ocampo and the street that goes to the French bakery 

Ihas a large red house.I do not know if they are still there but it is owneed by the same man..They go beween the Us and here.

1 hour ago, bmh said:

Yes  I know from.my godson that there is a Russian kid who plays chest i  the plaza in Ajijic He has Russian parents.. 

The mam who sold us the hpuse is married to a Russian  woman and her mother and aunt  used to live on ocampo A large property at the corner of ocampo and the street that goes to the French bakery 

Ihas a large red house.I do not know if they are still there but it is owneed by the same man..They go beween the Us and here.

Well..okay, but I really can't do much with that information.  I would need names and contact info.

15 hours ago, Zeb said:

Well..okay, but I really can't do much with that information.  I would need names and contact info.

But you COULD go and talk to the lady who has the food place I  mentioned.  She speaks Spanish with a European accent, calls her food Russian (and it is), and could certainly be a good lead.......

• Like 1

And you could go to the Ajijic plaza on days they play chess and find the Russian boy. The kids call him..Russian who knows he maybe Eastern European. I would think the first thing to do is to find out  what other languages the woman speak. MOst European speak various languages.. If you cannot get out and find the priroski place in plaza Montana or go to a chess game at the Ajijkc plaza to adk around you ard not going to go very far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1