Chapala.com Webboard

WIND

the wind last night blew half the leaves of my Mamay and Avacado, and Guava trees, so many leaves you can not see the lawn, One of my big umbrellas blew away, it is not in any neighbors yards, so I wonder where it is, I have a crew here cleaning up leaves and branches, we took five large heaping full bags out, so now we can clean up all the dust....any one else have it...

Oh Ken..... did you really think Huracán (Mayan Wind God) selected just YOUR house to wreak his wrath? 😉  Big enough west side Ajijic to           almost... not quite... get me up to the mirador to check things out at 11 p.m.. Power OK here, but west edge of Villa Nova to ???  no streetlights at 6:30 a.m.

Guad news showed at least 12 large trees down in Zapopan and Guad municipalities, plus one more really biggie that for some reason was NOT being attacked by municipal crews.... had only been cut with chainsaw enough to get to both sides of street enough for cars to pass, but now was sitting there while it could be decided WHO was to pay the $30,000 pesos to cut it up and haul it away?

My neighbors were afraid my very tall palm trees were going to blow over and I kept hearing things blowing or thumping over my roof.  Not tiles, but sort of like a giant walking over my roof. My cushions were blown all over my yard and things were blown over in my garage.At times it felt like they were near-hurricane strength winds and they seemed to shift direction almost like a large whirlwind. Yes. We certainly did notice them in the Raquet Club.