Chapala.com Webboard

Teeth whitening?

I had my teeth whitened at Dental Express.  The woman doing it used so much force covering my gums she cracked a crown and I had to get a new one.  The whitening lasted about 6 months and gradually faded away.  I have my teeth cleaned every 4 months and this certainly affects the whitening.

Dra. Candy has whitened my teeth but could only bring it up so white because of my enamel. You can repeat the procedure again later to help whiten more.  I don’t know what force was used by rafterbr above but they put an appliance in your mouth to hold it open when the whitening blue light is in progress. No breaking of teeth ???

10 hours ago, rafterbr said:

I had my teeth whitened at Dental Express.  The woman doing it used so much force covering my gums she cracked a crown and I had to get a new one.  

A computer-sculpted molar crown installed at Dental Express a few years ago failed, which in turn led to an infection only discernable by X-ray, necessitating an extraction.  In the process, the dentist also broke an adjacent crown.  I will never go back, and am of the opinion that DE specializes in English and marketing.

I use activated charcoal. I open a capsule into my mouth - gotta do it carefully because that black powder will go everywhere. Then I swish it around in my mouth for 5 or more minutes, carefully spit it out into the sink, and then brush my teeth. Can do it every week or so. Not gonna get the fake white that chemicals provide, but I think it helps.

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/27/2022 at 10:24 AM, johanson said:

Although I find what Doctor Haro and/or his staff charges to be very high, I do like their work; very high quality.

i need a crown and was told dr haro charges 550 american - is that the usual price for a crown here in LC - I just arrive and of course first thing I broke a tooth.

40 minutes ago, dottiejane said:

i need a crown and was told dr haro charges 550 american - is that the usual price for a crown here in LC - I just arrive and of course first thing I broke a tooth.

When I went to the office of Dr. Eloy Barragan (Chapala Dental Care) thinking I needed a crown on a back molar that had broken, I  was pleased when the dentist I saw explained that she preferred not to put on crowns unless there is  absolutely no other option. She was able to use some type of resin to re-create the half of the tooth that was missing, dry it with a light gizmo and I was out of the chair in roughly 1/2 hour. There was no painful shot needed to do the work, so no drooling for the rest of the day. It's as good as an original molar and the cost was a shocker- $600 mxn.  This was about a year ago, so prices might have gone up, but still better than the price of a crown.

• Like 1

Dottiejane do yourself a favor and call Dr. Barragan's office (Chapala Dental...in Mirasol). English spoken. About the best dental office Lakeside. Usually booked out but maybe at this time of the year can get you in more quickly especially if it is an emergency.

will do - a nd thanks - dr haro is great but a bit too high priced for me = anyway it is a molar in the back of my mouth that only i can see so it isn't worth 550.  one woman in his office was getting every tooth capped etc - i heard the receptionist say    $4500 usa  - almost collapsed - that's when I  thought that i had best ask the price - something that is a very good thing to do here I am discovering.  

• Like 2