Chapala.com Webboard

My Shaw Direct just went dead

johanson

My Shaw Direct Satellite system just went dead, I sure hope it's just me and that the old satellite didn't just die.  I know it was getting old but I didn't know how old :( 

EDIT: It must have been just me. Because it's working again :) 

11 hours ago, johanson said:

My Shaw Direct Satellite system just went dead, I sure hope it's just me and that the old satellite didn't just die.  I know it was getting old but I didn't know how old :( 

With all that internet service you have, I can't figure out why you haven't long since ditched satellite for streaming.  

• Like 1

I built in kit form, my first satellite dish in 1986 and have been watching satellite TV ever since. And I only stream, when I have to. I also have DirecTV up north and down here, DirecTV is not a good choice for down here, because so few stations make it this far south. But I have it up north at my condo in Seattle, so I have an extra receiver down here.

Streaming is OK, but takes a little longer, when going from channel to channel to channel, when looking for whatever :) 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 8:03 PM, johanson said:

My Shaw is fine. It is head and shoulders above streaming.

• Haha 1