Chapala.com Webboard

Slow Response Time on this Board

RickS

Anyone else experiencing a very slow..... 8-15 seconds.... response time when clicking on a thread. On each Post therein.   It's not my Internet as all other sites respond within a second or two.

And on another subject.... does anyone.... Moderator maybe... know why one has to wait 15 seconds to do a search after doing an initial one?  Seems archaic. 

5 hours ago, RickS said:

Anyone else experiencing a very slow..... 8-15 seconds.... response time when clicking on a thread. On each Post therein.   It's not my Internet as all other sites respond within a second or two.

And on another subject.... does anyone.... Moderator maybe... know why one has to wait 15 seconds to do a search after doing an initial one?  Seems archaic. 

It is working as normal for me.There is a reason for the 15 second delay when doing a subsequent seach.

5 hours ago, RickS said:

... but you're not going to share that reason? Keeping it to yourself?

If it is to 'combat computer searches', why is 15 seconds the gold standard?  Maybe just 10 or 6.8 seconds?

The reason is hackers or phishers of course.

27 minutes ago, RickS said:

of course.... how lame of me to not know that.  I acquiesce to your superior knowledge of said.  

Can you imagine the outcome if the North Koreans could successfully get search results every 6.8 seconds for: Cohettas, internet outages, and the first day of rain?!?!

Total anarchy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4