Chapala.com Webboard

Which is the Best Funeral Home for Pre-Death arrangements?

Meli

yes I understand.. I can see why they want to bury someone for a while or put them in a cool room and o an authopsy but it is hard to believe they dictate that the body whould be burried for 5 years. I am going to ask my lawyer about it  since she is a friend and she is looking into what happened to me with the police and cross roja and the municipal clinic who does not issue death cerificate and so on.. I ll ask her and will tell you what she says.

• Like 2

I will be sharing a whole lot more of my story when I know more of what happens but for now anyone should know that the police is not allowed to enter your home without anorder even if your door is open. If they do ask them to leave. they have ot right to be ther e even if there is a body as long as it is ruled natural death.

Be aware that Cruz Roja informs the police not only of violent deaths but also of natural deaths so it gives the police the opportunity to come to your house. I am working with a lawyer on this...so I am not mouthing off. THE POLICE HAS NO RIGHT TO ENTER YOUR HOUSE IN CASE OF A NATURAL DEATH , SEND THEM PACKING AND ASK FOR AN ORDER. IF THEY ENTER YOUR HOUSE BECAUSE THE GATE IS OPEN TO LET THE AMBULANCE IN KICK THEM OUT . ASK FOR THEIR ORDER. THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO ENTER.

I am planning to ask cruz roja for their procedure in writing because they have no business helping the police in case of a natural death without warning the people involved first.

If someone dies suddenly at night at home  get friends , Mexicans better to be with you so you will have witnesses if you know who, come in uninvited.

Do not lose your cool, do not let yourself be intimidated and DO NOT TAKE YOUR VALUABLES out of the room or house if they threaten to cordon off the area, that is a ploy to know where you are hideing your stuff.  All cops are not bad but at night especially assume they are. They have no right to cordon off the place unless it is a violent death.

One way to take out thir excuses for harssing you is to have the doctor present.. they will ask for a death certificate which the doctor cannot get until the next morning.

One was to get rid off the is to have the body removed, which is what I did . My doctor called San Francisco who came within 10 minutes, compare that to 20 with the ambulance.. Once the body is gone the police has not excuse for hanging around.

Cinthia from San Francisco was fabulous, Have a funeral home phone number handy. You do not have to prepay but you should chose one and have their phone number.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've seen two sides of this.

A dear friend died at home and the neighbors called the police.  Fortunately my husband and I got there first and I knew where the valuables were.  When the police came they opened every drawer.  We didn't object, but one of us quietly followed them around and we refused to leave.  After about an hour of this, they decided it wasn't profitable and left.  It took 5 hours for the funeral home in Guadalajara to come for the body.  

Last year when my husband had a fatal heart attack while in his car the police were the first to arrive.  I wasn't found and notified until 3 hours later.  By the time I got to the scene the car and his body had been taken away but the police were still waiting for me.  One of them handed me my husband's hat containing his cell phone, wallet, credit cards, $3,000 pesos in cash and the Tag Hauer watch he always wore.

It seems to be the luck of the draw.

• Like 4

Sorry to hear about your experience..

As I said before not all police is bad  but when you have a bad captain you are in trouble because the others folow. The man who helped me and stayed the whole time wis an ex policeman from CDMX and he is a super human being  so they are good cops but unfortunately the force is poorly trained and there are enough bad apples to  make it bad. The police is oportunistic and is using the loopholes in the system to do what they want.  They are not the only ones who robbed either in case of sudden death..

The good deed are great but it is the bad deeds we have to be aware of because these are the one that hurt us. 

I am not out to poor mouth all police but to close the loophole that allows the incompetent nes and the bad apples to hurt people... 

In my case 5 cops arrived within 5 minutes of the annoucements of the death of my husband, they all entered my house uninvited which is illegal for them to do. Two left and 3 remains, two rookie types and a nasty captain. You have to admit it is a poor use of the police force to have 5 cops showing up when an 80 year old drops dead of a heart attack.. 

• Thanks 1