Chapala.com Webboard

SWEATBIRD

We are planning on living in Ajijic for (4) this summer.  Besides stopping our mail here in the states what other options do we have to continue receiving our mail in a somewhat regualar basis?  Thank you for your suggestions in advance.

Nice link you provided Mainecoons except that TotalPlay is now here in most locations. Way better than iLox or Telmex in both internet speed and customer service. I just cancelled iLox and will soon be cancelling Telmex as well. My service with Telmex has been out for four days now and talking to the 1-800-123-2222 number is like talking to a brick wall. Not even my I.D.I.O.T. phone works with Telmex so I had to report the problem using my cell phone. Arrggggh!

4 hours ago, HoosierMex said:

We are planning on living in Ajijic for (4) this summer.  Besides stopping our mail here in the states what other options do we have to continue receiving our mail in a somewhat regualar basis?  Thank you for your suggestions in advance.

Have somone up there pick it up and check it and forward only important things to iShop.  After awhile you will find that most of it is not important. Use email

• Like 2

And also sign up online for your banking. Most utilities and/or other payments can be made online through your banks website. Forget about sending any magazines that you may receive because they are heavy and cost more to send.

20 hours ago, Ferret said:

Nice link you provided Mainecoons except that TotalPlay is now here in most locations. Way better than iLox or Telmex in both internet speed and customer service. I just cancelled iLox and will soon be cancelling Telmex as well. My service with Telmex has been out for four days now and talking to the 1-800-123-2222 number is like talking to a brick wall. Not even my I.D.I.O.T. phone works with Telmex so I had to report the problem using my cell phone. Arrggggh!

The OP was asking about mail service.

We're watching TotalPlay to see if it keeps up the good work or ends up like ILOX did.

Our TelMex is slow but fairly reliable here in SE Ajijic.

I use a service in the states that receives my mail, scans the envelope and sends me an email to let me know. I can view the scan and decide what to do next: have them scan the contents, forward it, or shred it.

This might not be the best option if you're only going to be away a few months, but thought I'd toss it out there in case. I've been using this service for over 10 years and it's been handy. Most all my dealings are electronic, but there's still a small amount of paper involved. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rckrckr said:

I know people very happy with this service, perhaps it's the same one as indicated in the above post... 

https://travelingmailbox.com/pricing#what-is-a-scanpak

That is expensive. A relative does it for me for free.