Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for person to mail a package in US post office

Lexy

I'm looking for a reliable person to mail human cremated ashes in a U.S. post office. I have checked and ashes can be mailed in the U.S. using priority mail for a very reasonable price. (Cindy at San Francisco Funeral Home tells me they can do it for $4500 pesos(!) using the Mexican postal service, which I consider iffy.)

These are my husband's ashes that I'm sending to his son. I will package them according to USPS instructions. Now I must find a way to mail the package in the States. Alex Peterson is no longer doing his package delivery service. If anyone is planning a trip to the States and will take my package to a post office I'd be very grateful. I would be glad to pay for this favor. Or perhaps you know of a service that crosses the border to do this.

Lexy

Actually USPS has a free box for Cremated Remains and yes it ships Priority Mail. Include the special tape and everything. So the trick would be to order it online foe delivery to whomever would be actually doing the mailing for you.

BOX_CREKIT1-L0.jpg

Thanks so much for this info, Pappysmarket. I'll order the box and tape  online to be sent to me. I can have it ready to go if/when I hear from someone driving back to the States who's willing to take it along. I'll also have cash on hand in dollars to cover the postage. This is looking possible.

Lexy