Chapala.com Webboard

Am I looking for a Unicorn?

I would like to find a house for a Mexican family. Mother, 15-year old son and two younger (not toddlers) kids.

I need it to be within a 15-minute drive from Chapala.

I'm looking for 2 (maybe 3) bdrms and 1.5 or 2 bath.

Now the Unicorn part.

Price must be in pesos and a middle class neighborhood. Not dirt floors and windows w/o glass and real doors.

I don't believe/know any R.E. Brokers locally that I think would handle these kind of houses; really not that much $$ in commission, but maybe I'm wrong.

Any thoughts/input appreciated. I really prefer PM if possible.

Thanks.

Legally speaking rent can ONLY be charged / collected in pesos.... r.e. brokers or private owners.

.......and a middle class neighborhood. Not dirt floors and windows w/o glass and real doors.   Not a Unicorn at all.  Where the Unicorn part comes in happens when you say what they want to /are able to pay.  Rents have gone up in Chapala as in all other places.  I know one person who moved from San Antonio  to 1st or 2nd town east of Chapala where she got a much better rent for a nice house.

How did she find it?  Asked a taxi driver hanging around the plaza in that town.... had a house in 2 days.