Chapala.com Webboard

netflix

28 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Are you using Mexican Netflix or U.S. via a VPN?

We do the latter, no problems lately.

MX. Says my password is invalid and I asked twice yesterday for e-mail to validate and never got one. Talked on phone today with help and she claims to have sent 4 e's but nada rec'd yet.

1 hour ago, ajijicbound said:

Have you changed your password with netflix? Maybe that will work?

Read what I said. If I can't get into the account that can't be done. Tried 7 times now and haven't got an E from them to change. The help person tried 4 times out of that. I think I will just cancel my payments with my bank and be done with netflix.  don't need the $^6%@7 aggravation.

So my account was hacked from Nigeria. Had help person cancel it and run me through opening a new acct. and after all that  crap was told my Scotia Visa card will not be accepted by netflix mx anymore because it's out of Mexico. SO BEWARE if all you use is out of MX cards. I have Amazon Prime,MGM and Paramount. Any other hassle free entertainment suggestions are welcome. We have shaw for hockey mainly ,soccer and CFL.

48 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

So my account was hacked from Nigeria. Had help person cancel it and run me through opening a new acct. and after all that  crap was told my Scotia Visa card will not be accepted by netflix mx anymore because it's out of Mexico. SO BEWARE if all you use is out of MX cards. I have Amazon Prime,MGM and Paramount. Any other hassle free entertainment suggestions are welcome. We have shaw for hockey mainly ,soccer and CFL.

If Telmex is your internet provider add Netflix to the Telmex account.  

Did you get your Netflix through TotalPlay? Because it is available through them. imho, TOTALPLAY ROCKS! OUTSTANDING customer service which is provided in both English and Spanish. I just cancelled iLox and Telmex (which has been out for four days at my house) is next on the chopping block.

On 4/1/2022 at 1:48 PM, Ferret said:

Did you get your Netflix through TotalPlay? Because it is available through them. imho, TOTALPLAY ROCKS! OUTSTANDING customer service which is provided in both English and Spanish. I just cancelled iLox and Telmex (which has been out for four days at my house) is next on the chopping block.

Service provider[eg. total play,telmex] has nothing to do with what Netflix decides to do as in not accepting my Canadian credit card for payment. And they don't care if a few of us cancel because they have millions of customers. Watched an old western on Prime last night! Hockey on Shaw tonight. @&$%#$ off Netflix.

On 4/4/2022 at 11:25 AM, happyjillin said:

Unless my son can get us back on somehow,I will just pay at OXXO when his documentary is aired by Netflix who hired him as the Producer of an archeological film in China.

If you have Telmex for your phone & internet just add it to your Telmex account. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 12:02 PM, Mostlylost said:

If you have Telmex for your phone & internet just add it to your Telmex account. 

I don't know how to do that. If someone is willing to do this for me, I  have some excellent European beer to share with you or can anyone put me on to somebody that can do this for me for a fee?

On 3/28/2022 at 11:34 AM, happyjillin said:

Anybody else having problems getting on?

I use my Netflix Canada account autobilled on a Canada VISA card.

Netflix accounts autobilled on Apple App Store also works in Mexico too.

Works perfectly fine in superlative 4K DOLBY VISION HDR ATMOS ULTRA HD on my TotalPlay 200/200 Mbps fiber optic connection.  Goes straight to 4K in just 500 milliseconds (0.5 seconds) after pressing the PLAY button.  No slow uprezzing or buffering junk.

For now, I don't use a VPN though, I get enough of what I need at the moment.  But if you use a VPN, choose a fast VPN -- something blazingly fast such as ExpressVPN or HotspotShield.  Don't go for the cheap VPNs that will buffer 240p or 480p instead of instant zero delay 4K.